Innovate Motorsports

LC-1

simple question, will the program run on a windows 2000 laptop?
got a chance to get an innovate LC-1 for dirt cheap

don’t think so, its xp and up

besides whats an xp laptop cost now? 100 bucks?

where can I get a $100 laptop?

I’ve heard mixed thoughts, some people say it will even work with windows 95 and up.

I’ve got my girl’s old laptop sitting here doing nothing, I’ve cleaned it out and it runs great. I was thinking of putting it to some good use. and why buy a $100 laptop if this one can run the program?

Logworks 2, the software from Innovate will work on Windows 98 or latter.

It’s on page 6 of the manual.

Here is a link
http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/support.php

Buy an AEM or PLX one for $250 and call it a day

True /\

I’ve been having nothing but grief with my LC-1

x2. i have a brand new LC-1 wideband which ive never got to work properly…nothing but a headache. im with joe…aem or plx.

im pretty sure plx, and innovate both use the same bosch sensor

I have one, so does a friend of mine, our innovates worked right away, once you did the auto config

You also have to wire it correctly, the grounds must be from the same source but not the same connection or you will get interference.

Mine works great and is wired to both Logworks and DSMLink.

i cast my vote for PLX

my problem is getting it to communicate with my laptop… might have to get a serial to usb converter.

if your balla then:

http://www.14point7.com/JAW/JAW.htm

I have 2 converters both work, I primarily use the keyspan one, works on xp and i have it working with vista now too, you just need to know what com port it installs on.

same, i even got a serial to usb plug and still didnt work

What does it say? are you sure the com port the usb converter is connected to is the same the program is trying to use to communicate? did you install the terminal connector on the line?

I’ve seen that on neons.org its pretty nice for the price

I’ve had some issue with mine hooking up to my laptop. I have a digital readout I use for tuning.

whats up with this LC-1 Stand alone Kit they sell? it looks like its just the wideband O2 sensor and a wire