Inquiry: Filling up a hole in the trunk

Hello All,

I was wondering if anyone could let me know, roughly how much it would cost at their local body shop, to fill in 2 holes in the trunk of an S14.

These holes are basically where the original oem trunk spoiler bolted into. Sooo, i’m guessing since its only filling a small hole, and its not going to be on the key body panels, it would be safe to use bondo? then level it out then re-paint the trunk?

If so, how much would that cost to fill her up, paint the trunk + the spoiler?

Someone please let me know.

Thank you.

black electrical tape works well… just do it yourself with bondo, put a peice of tape under the hole (if you can) then bondo over it then repain

lol, i don’t want it to look ghetto, and if i do it myself, it will lol

thnx for the suggestion tho… i’ll probably do it that way until i get my quotes for the repaint of the trunk + fill + repaint wing

if there is rust around it, body shop will cut a square piece and weld in a new piece for you

as far as price, i don’t know…i will be doing it to mine hopefully soon

^ where will you get it done? gino’s?

after you do it, let me know. and get prices for me, pls &thnx

r u going on sunday?

sure no prob

and yup…

y sunday? it will be so packed

^ lol i dont know… jon’s idea

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BONDO!!! NO ELECTRICAL TAPE!!
Do this right before it turns into a huge mess. The paint on the factory holes at the edges are extremely thin and with the expansion and contraction on the metal with temperature changes versus that of the hole, the paint will break exposing the metal. Bondo retains moisture and moisture on metal starts rust. If that tape doesn’t seal completely or falls off, moisture is getting to that bondo from the underside… guaranteed.
The quickest way to do it is to “filltack” and grind. So you turn up the speed of a wire feed welder extremely high, and you turn down the heat (voltage) really low. The low temp reduces the chance of warpage and wire gets thrown down extremely quickly from the fast wire feed. 2 or three tacks (evenly time spaced to allow the metal to cool sufficiently) will fill up the hole and from that point it’s just grinding to smooth it out.
Then and only then can you use a thin layer of Bondo to make the surface smooth.

^ how long would it take to do that? i dont’ want to try any body work myself, so most likely i’ll be taking it to a body shop.

also, how much would that cost,?

fill tacking is for holes the size a screw or small drillbit has left behind…
larger holes require a welded patch…a la piece of sheet metal welded in to fill the gap.

this takes only a day at most shops as someone has to stop touching themselves to do it…reality is about 1-3 hrs depending on # of holes etc.

paint takes longer…1/2 car takes about 2hrs + prep time.

bondo is used super duper regular in any shop…they just prefer to use it for surface inconsistencies…(parking lot dings).

as long as you are not filling a hole with it or leaving it unsealed bondo is fine in thin / small spots…do not repair fist size holes with bondo…

thats like fixing a window with scotch tape…sure its clear…but thats about it. no safety no insulation, no sound deadening etc

you will allways be asked to leave your car for a couple of days as there are other things that take priority over a tiny repair…
someone will probably fix over their lunch or break if its small enough

^ wow that long of a turn around time just for 2 small holes huh?

i might as well wait till i’m going to put on and paint the whole car + body kit…

hmm, so there’s nothing i can do for a quick fix huh? sighh

the screw holes froma spoiler I can do for super cheap and like $50.

I thaught you ere talkin about a little more than that…yes I do have A.D.H.D.

if you want to stop water just try those push in jobs for holding yer interior together…that takes like 60seconds and looks super JDM…no wait i mean crappy…close enough…

no no use some chome liscence plate bolts…shiny!!

just kidding pm me if you want them done well enough to last a few months therwise it is a tack and fill job

i may be taking it to a place called mirage somethin somethin, located at birchmount/eglinton… can anyone personally vouch for having their car body work done there? a while back, got my mazda3 fixed up there, and everything still looks mint and brand new untilt his day.

there was a huge scratch and indentation ont he door and fender and the passenger side mirror had a cracked piece at the bottom which fell off.

and the buck was cheap for the really good/fast body work.

double post: sorry, pls delete