Insane detail

Sure do. Here right now.

Shit man … feel free to swing by one day and bull shit

I would… but that street is quite a walk from the back of the campus. Haha. I leave my truck at home.

So u stay at cal for extended periods of time I take it?

Well… I go home every other weekend or so. It’s only 70 miles. I did have it down here, but I didn’t use except for maybe two times the few weeks. I’m heading home tomorrow so I can go to the Boat Show tomorrow afternoon.

Well thats cool … Hit me up if you ever wanna get together and bullshit or whatever …

Alright, sounds good

+1 on Chemical Guys/Poorboys/Adams whatever, all the same stuff, but CG makes some damn fine products…

My current collection is all Tropi-Care, Duragloss (one of the most underrated line of products ever) and Meguiars.

I am going to order a UDM here shortly.

A lot of people on the Detailing sites I visit use Duragloss products.

x2 … a lot of people sware by them … No first hand use here tho … So im no help with that

BTW … The UDM is an awesome machine. Make sure it is a newer model, as some of the first had switch problems

I use the Kenmarw Auto Bath to detail my truck, it only costs 7 quarters

That’s all good, just don’t let the damn foam brush that’s provided touch your paint. :scared:

x2. If you have any existing wax, it will also strip it

if i had a car i absolutely loved, i’d do that to get some poster-quality shots of it, if i had the cash.

I need a link to some of this kick ass wax your all talking about. My cars paint sratches so easily ! even the faintest wipe and i see scratches its like no paint ive ever seen on a gm vehicle.

has it ever been repainted? it also depends on what you use to wipe the car down with.

x2 …

Waxing has nothing to do with protecting agaist scratches, nor will it remove anything. Wax is just simply a protective layer, that adds wettness & depth to the paint.

You need to remove those marks with a compound … I highly recommend Menzs SIP or IP followed by Menz Final Polish … Then Pinnacle Souveran

regular cotton towels but seriously this paint is like no other gm paint ive ever come across i use a 2 step 3m rubbing compoud and polish with a buffer on other cars but im afraid to do it on this car. I might just go to a professional.
Where can i get the good polish and compound for dark cars ? website link ??

I might jsut try and buff it myself but at a lower speed than i normally do.

Use microfiber … a HIGH quaility is the key. I use strickly Cobra Microfiber towells … They are 100% microfiber, super soft, tagless & edgeless.

What buffer do you use?
Buffing at a lower speed wont do anything. A true compound needs speed and heat to properly break it down, underworking/overworking it will result is micro-marring.

Where are you located? … I could take a look at it for you EDIT … I see your from baltimore … so I guess Im no help in person … lol

try this forumn/web site