Inspection in Rochester

I’ll be coming home from DC to Rochester for Thanksgiving and the NY inspection on my 2000 crown vic is expired. Emissions and everything else will pass, but the e-brake cable seems to be stuck and I really don’t have the time to take care of it. Does anyone know of anywhere that will be open for inspections the Friday or Saturday after Thanksgiving? If you do, and can PM me, that would be awesome.

Thanks

Does the cable just need adjusting? If you engage it, will it stay stuck on? Or you can’t get it to engage at all? I had a problem with my wife’s Integra, and did some adjusting to the cable to get it to brake better. Then took it to just an oil and lube place for the inspection and they were pretty cool about it. Might be worth a try if everything else is in order.

I can’t get it to engage at all. I’m going to try to take another look at it this weekend, it’s just a pain in the ass trying to do it on a city street out here. Thanks for the advice though

I know nothing about Crown Vic’s but I’m assuming this is a pedal e-brake and not a hand e-brake?

correct^^ pedal ebrakes suck ass

Sorry, I’ve been out of town. Yeah, the fact that it’s a pedal brake is making this much shittier. I’m hoping that I may be able to take it some hole in the wall and pass though…

go to a quick lube, 50% chance they wont check

or on lyell. plenty of shit joints there