Inspection question

Ok I was told by the local cops that if my car is not inspected by the time they see me next my ass is grass. So , I have been working on it. Got my ebrake hooked up, but ofcorse, its frozen. I think I can slide on that hopefully, it is an auto. My question is, my car is an 84, doesn’t that mean it only has to have lap belts? To my understanding, cars from pre '85 only need lap belts. Thats what I have heard anyways. If so, I’m cool, if not, I gotta find some belts asap.

http://www.nydmv.state.ny.us/broch/c-50.htm

Helped me get answers when i needed them, might give you yours

http://www.nydmv.state.ny.us/forms/cr79.pdf

thats the inspectors guidelines and rulebook

Inspect for proper operation and anchorage.

Model years 1969 and newer - one seat belt is required for each seating position.
Model years 1967 and 1968 - two front seat belts are required (driver position included), and one seat belt is required for each seating position elsewhere in the vehicle.
Model years 1965 and 1966 - two front seat belts are required (driver position included).

hmmm, doesnt say. :frowning:

yeah it says that one is required for each seating position, It doesnt look like they even really look for the belts when the do the inspection the front 2 probably the rear i dont think so

yeah its kinda shady on that aspect.

simple solution, move to florida and not have to worry about it lol.

lol…no thanks. I’ve never even been to florida.

by “ass is grass”, do they mean they will give you a ticket? Because that is about all they can do about an expired inspection…

Well, evidently having kinda shitty brakes is a misdemeanor and they can arrest me lol. My sister was talking to one of the cops in town and was like "hypotheticly speaking, if you have XXXXXXX,XXXXXXX and XXXXXXX wrong with your car, what would happen…well they figured out it was me in like .000001 seconds and yeah.

Try taking it to an oil change place to do the inspection. Would be your best bet. If you fail fix only what you need to pass. Try to get the e-brake at least partially functional though.

buy a honda.

really im sorry i didnt ask this sooner… Why is your sister spouting her mouth off to the cops?? She doesnt have some long pent up hostility towards you does she?

you need working seat belts and yes techs will check um also all lights wiper blades not torn clean the window. iam just going to type the fucking book for u people

She was talking to him “hypothetically” and didn’t give any clues it was me, they figured it out fast though because who else would do something like that? I have a 2004 inspection sticker lmfao.