Installed a cone air filter on 91 KA24DE and car wont idle.

So before i installed my full aem intake i just installed the adaptor ( with no nipple ) to the MAF and strapped on the cone air filter. Started it and idled up and down for a second or two and shut off. I unplugged the MAF to see if it would idle and it did just fine. Plugged it back in and it shut off again. Called a nissan mechanic and he said i may have blown my MAF. Said there was a “hotwire” that can go. But then i put the stock air box back on and plugged in that hose on the side that had been just hanging with the cone on and it ran fine. Went for a drive and fine. Wheww thank fack. ANy ideas?

Really? I thought this would be an easy one.

With the adapter on, does the MAF sensor (the actual sensor wire inside the MAF housing) get a clean source of air? I recall there being a ridge on that adapter, maybe its blocking out the flow reading to the sensor?

The adaptor is round but has a restricting square shape on the inside. If thats what u mean by ridge yeah i can see that interupting the flow to the MAF. I guess just dremmel it out round right?

Right thats what it was. Yeah get rid of that restriction, its probably diverting incoming air away from the sensor.

I knew i saw it somewhere before. Couple pics down in this link. Is it maybe for an s14?

http://www.son240sx.org/showthread.php?226477-MY-JUNKYARD-cheap.-Heavy-pics.

Bump before i start hackin it up.

Just do it, get rid of the lip. It’ll be good for flow either way, and I’m almost positive it’ll fix your problem.

Kk will do.