wtf, intake install and now bogging

kk, i feel like a noob here but ive had this problem a few times with KA’s, i pull out the stock airbox, install a filter on the maf with a maf adapter and i got boggin issues, go back to stock i am fine , swith abck to cone filter , im boggin, i just dont get it

Maybe there is not enough air flow with the cone filter.

im pretty sure the cone is flowing too much

turbulence

Try running it for a while. You may just need to let the computer sort itself out, and relearn its idle.

disconect the batery so the computer resets then start your car…

I’ve had issues like this before on a few cars.

2 things come to mind.

1. the Adapter for the air filter is too little. if it blocks the maf then it could lead to bogging issues as it does not “see” the right amount of airflow

2. Cheap filters have a lot of debris in them and can mess with the maf.

I’d take a quick at the adapter against the MAF and I bet they won’t meet up 100%.

actually , weird enough the area is a perfect match i was actually amazed, holes lined up and everything , and its a K&N filter, car has run for 2 weeks after a computer reset

Some KA’s had an atp sensor, make sure u remove that from the airbox and plug that in and hang it near the filter, also make sure the maf adapter is the right size, there is no leaks anywhere, and that the maf is in the same position as stock, as well as plugged in properly. Thats all I can think of, hope I helped.

mine did it after i first installed an intake, went away by itself after a couple days.

He said it’s been 2 weeks.

Maybe something happened to your MAF during the install?

he also said it runs fine if he switches it back to stock box.

is it just a cone or is it a full CAI setup?

id try setting it all up and running it without the filter to see if its bogging… if so double check that theres no restrictions, metal shavings in the adapter causing the air to bypass the sensor thus causing you to run lean. or opposite(to much = rich, your car will try to match the air - fuel ratio. but this is also controlled by other sensors so ur ECU could be confussed to fuck)

if any of this is offbase or way wrong PM me… im good with carbs but still learning this ECU stuff.

honestly guys , the reason why i have posted this is because everything u guys have said has been checked, or done right, im lost, it is running lean forsure i changed the plugs yesterday and they are white.

pick up a walbro fuel pump 255LPH pump… prob solved.($110 anywhere u look, easy install or try a FPR (fuel pressure egulator) your ecu isnt sending enough fuel to your injectors… but also this makes me think of one more thing
FUEL FILTER try a new one. im betting 9 out of 10 bogging issues are from this.
if not unplug your battery for 10minutes and replug to reset the ecu…

1. a pump that flows more isn’t going to put more fuel into the engine by itself
  2. a FPR will just mask the problem of leaning out, not solve it… not to mention it’s a ghetto way to do it
  3. a fuel filter is always a good thing to change, even if it’s not the cause of the problem. most people overlook them.

If it’s running lean it sounds to me like air is getting in somewhere AFTER the MAF…
Did you disconnect anything else when you took out the airbox?