insurance is bullshit

It pisses me off so much this winter as im driving past people that have driven into tree’s, guard rail’s, ditches , etc. like honestly it’s bullshit because as i see all these people that are causing accident’s(for pure stupidity) i cant help to get infuriated just thinking about the fact that all these people causing accident’s probably all pay 1/8th of what i pay for insurance …its so retarded …i just got let go from a job because the owner renewed his insurance policy and it went up becuase i was driving cars for them?i think im the only one there that hasnt hit anything …just find it bullshit that i have to pay over 5k a year …for a car that is worth <1500 too them when i have no moving violation’s or accident’s not one license suspension or lapsed policy due to non payment

RAWR!

if it makes you feel better i have 8 tickets most major and i pay 320 a month

lol this is gay

No wonder the cops are outside your house…

lol

Insurance fucked me this winter too. Appraiser didn’t believe some of the damage a women did when she backed into me was from her. Which is clearly was, the shop even told him. What a dumbass. Now the shop wants me to pay 600 to fix my car when I didn’t do shit. Fuck

You need to look into other insurance companies if you are paying 5K a year with absolutely nothing on your record. Even with a cancellation due to non payment, I just turned 21 and I was paying $167 a month for a S13 with insurance knowing of and supporting $2000 in mods. Change your insurance (and possibly company - do some research) to $1million coverage, NO collision and NO comprehensive and you’ll drop alot of cost. I went from initial quote of 347/mo to 167/mo, because they automatically quoted me for 2M, no deductible collision and comp. I now pay even less for a 2003 WJ worth 3x more and Fire+Theft on my Datsun.

i pay 2500 for 6 months for a car that was appraised for just over 300 dollars hahahah. Insurance companies differ…and most, age is a huge concern, the age were insurance drops the most is 25. im 19, and i pay a shit load a month to drive, and i have 1 ticket, and no accidents.

Insurance always seems like bullshit, untill you need it. A few years ago I was in an accident (not fault) and my car was badly damaged and I was hurt. Insurance forked out +/- 10k to fix my car, 3+ k in medical expenses and about 8k in lost wages, not to mention a rental car for a month (30/day avg) and reimbursed me for my parking while I was in physiotherapy.

Not all that bad for $200/month if you ask me.

yeah and then you got me the 19 year old kid… i smash my car … they laugh… dont do anything about it… and tell me my rates are going up (Y). huge cash scam. biggest legal cash scam in ontario. it needs to be done like quebec. but we from ontario feel the need to let them stick it up are ass whenever they want. nobody stands up for shit in this province we just let them do whatever they want and in the end we take the hit for it. i was in barrie this last weekend visiting my brother and next door to his res is a police station. i counted at 12am 13 brand new chargers that were not on duty, plus everywhere you look there is a cop somewhere. then when i walked into the place to fight a ticket up there (whole reason for the trip) i sat/heard 15 ppl with suspensions in the matter of a hour i was there.
now you would think if you have 15 ppl a hour coming in taking care of suspensions that something might be wrong outside the picture or even better … you would think if a town with 1/8 the population of hamilton needs a number system to fight tickets because of traffic but hamilton doesnt there might be a problem. or even better then that… we pay are tax’s to pay there wages to still have the crack head smoking meth in the corner of club 77 on john street but the guy doing 10 over on burlington st is the one getting stopped and getting ticketed.
best of all is seeing them sit there with radar guns trying to catch ppl and hearing that they have to make a certain number of tickets in a month. we pay for then to do that, then we get caught by them to pay again.
also not sure if anyone has been into the court house in hamilton, marbel floors gold elevators, art everywhere. place looks like its worth 200 million. and barries court house was just built within the last 6 months.
LIFES GREAT!

reason insurance is so cheap in quebec is that the provincial government covers liability after a point which means there is a liability cap for insurers… thus they can charge lower rates.

there is no such cap in Ontario.

what’s happening, as an example, is you get into an accident, a tow truck picks your car up and takes it where HE wants, not where you want, and it gets held hostage for a few grand and then they fudge the repair if the insurer lets them keep it… it’s worth more for the tow truck and the chaser shop not to keep it and repair it though because then you have a paper trail and potential liability…

where the money is is where the tow truck driver refers you to a medical clinic who bills out to the insurer for dozens of medical tests or assessments, some of which actually get done, most of which do not… they pay the tow truck driver a few grand for the referral and often pay the person in the accident for their signature too :slight_smile:

best is when it’s a van full of brown guys in brampton that stage the whole accident and put through 6 claims like this that get to more than $50k a head… that’s where the money is and it’s also why several insurers have completely droped their book of business in brampton :slight_smile:

you can’t discriminate based on culture or skin colour but you can by postal code… this has actually happened in the last 18 months.

back in Sept the province made changes that place some caps on cases like these but still not enough.

we’re all over paying for insurance in Ontario because this happens. In particular is happens in the GTA and it isn’t going to stop anytime soon.

In as much as the chaser trucks can be bad, they also clear the highways faster than government employees would… every 10 minutes a delivery is delayed to Chrysler or Ford is tens of thousands of lost production so they won’t want the chaser to go anywhere anytime soon.