Insurance Suggestions

Ok back when i got let go from Best Lie(Best Buy) i fell behind on a few bills. Now that i have a new job i have to play catch up with my insurance and i think i may be one car note behind. My questions are…I’m 18…insurance isn’t going to be cheap for me and i need to find out what i need and who to get it from. When i had state farm i was paying 236 a month full coverage. I have to have full cvg because of my car being finanaced and i had a deductable do i’m pretty sure i need comp & collsn. I have called places like progressive and metlife and gotten quotes ranging from 498 to 731 a month…yea i can’t handle that type of insurance payments. I know i have like 474 past due with state farm so should i pay that off and get re-instated or should i go to a new company(who has lower rates???)??? Anyone here know what i should be doing?

Can you pay off the car? That goes a long way toward being able to reduce rates on insurance. (I gather from the discussion that this is not possible at this time).

ran into a problem…they(state farm) are saying that since i had a claim and a coverage lapse that they won’t reinstate…yea that f-ing blows…now i really need insurance because my job requires me to drive daily to and from specified places…

safe auto insurance? they keep you legal for less. :smiley:

go back on your parents insurance?

:down: Did you try talking to Erie yet?

i was never on my parents insurance lol. And my mom is also insured with state farm…think they would want me to pay the 474 before i could get put on her policy…safe auto i’ll check thme out and see what they are talking about…only if i had another car…a beater that i could get liability on

Erie was always the least when I was comparing quotes, until they raped me on having a V8…a few hundred extra a year bc of its curb ratio weight, eh something to that effect. I quoted for progressive, and my yearly rate at erie was what they were going to charge me for 6 months. Good luck!

Failed to mention…my car has 4200 in damages…crackhead with no insurance hit me…so yea it has to be fixed IF i keep it which brings me to my next solution…should i just get rid of the damn car save up two paychecks and dump it on a mullet or something like that so that i can get liability until i fix it up and get full coverage??