Intake Fabrication

Ok, so i plan on having my car tuned by Evan’s and he used to make custom tuned intakes, but stopped due to not being able to produce them for a reasonable cost. He said if I bring my own he would modify it to the correct length. So basically I dont have the knowledge or skill to do this myself, so i’m willing to pay someone to do it. Its basically just a custom length short ram intake.

The specifications :
3" inch aluminum piping.
Needs to fit it in a crx engine bay w/ b18c5 engine.
Maybe a 24" starting length?

Thats about all of the info I can think of, if your interested and have more questions just ask.

24" starting length on a intake ? do you want the best airflow to be at idle or something ?

like i said, i dont know much about it. He said he would find the best length and then modify the intake. I just want it to be a long enough starting length.

Why aluminum? It is good but expensive, you can also do mild steel then have it powder coated

thats what he was making them out of, im guessing bc they are lighter and dont qoute me but doesn’t it dissipate heat pretty well?

Short ram intakes suck the hot air from around the engine. If I were you, I would get a true cool air intake or at least build a heat shield. If I’m not mistaken, cooler air = better performance, slightly less MPG. Warmer air = less performance, better MPG.

I love my ICEMAN, the plastic dissipates heat better than aluminum and sucks cool air from the wheel well.
http://www.autoaccessorystore.com/products/1824_b.jpg

He used to make intake MANIFOLDS, not like actual intake tubes… I think?

Just get some 3" mild stainless, or pick up a used ITR AEM Cold air off honda-tech on the cheap.

I just picked up a section of 3" for a short ram for 12 bucks lol.

Pick up one of these and call it a day

http://www.bpinitiatives.com/assemblies.php

At first I thought he was talking about a custom fabbed intake manifold also. That would explain why that Evan guy said they are too expensive to make cuz an air intake can be made very very cheaply.

already have the flowstack, maybe i read wrong but i swear it was intakes. i guess ill have to double check.

i know he designed Full-Race’s intake mani as his engineering thesis project lol. fucker.

I don’t think they make them anymore.

IMO just buy an AEM CAI and cut that if you want.

no, its definitely an intake, bc there are several builds that specify they have edelbrock IM and custom length intakes with velocity stack. And there is a dyno test vs. a normal short ram.

so back to who wants to make me one!

Get a DYI intake kit from AutoFail.

yea your funny, autofail. ha, that was hilarious. you should go kill yourself now.

so then just pick up some 3" sections of tubing and let him cut it there.

probably need a 45, a 90 and u can use the straight sections from the two.

yea but it still needs to be welded together, so i might as well have it made now.

how’re u going to weld it if you dont know how long to make it?

pretty sure he can weld it up there. just cut into sections and hold it together w/ hose & clamps for now

he wont weld it together, he will only cut it or give me the specifications. thats why i plan on making it longer than needed then just cut it.

gotcha.

what the fuck are you even talking about?
:picard:

OT: buy a 3" ebay intercooler kit
keep the piping, sell the intercooler. weld the pipes, cut. and make like 80% of ur money back lol

I couldn’t figure out if the OP was talking about an intake tube or intake manifold due to his terminology but I know now… I think.
:fail: