integra GSR questions

I have the chance to pick up a 98 integra I think GSR. It does not have a label anywhere, but it does have the 1.8 DOHC Vtec motor.
It’s a 5spd with 53K miles on it. VERY unmolested some older lady drove it.

It’s going to need some TLC both rear 1/4 panels have rust around the wheel wells and the rubstrip is missing on the driver side along with a good size dent on the driver side door. Interior is clean…Dirty, but clean.
It drives fine, I believe it will need new rotors/pads but other than that.

What issues should I look for in this year?

I know I am getting a Steal for it But what should I look out for, and how are prices on parts for these cars?
I’m undecided if I want to fix it up and sell it or keep it for a while and put some $ into it.

And please… NO BS comments I know I made other threads about a million other cars. Just be helpful

if you don’t buy it, where/how much i want a winter car

I’ll look at it too…

$price mother fucker?

make sure no grinds onto 3rd (altho should be ok with such low milage) also check for HG leaks. I would think about flushing fluids. but its a pritty hardy car you should be fine. plus 30 mpg is awsome if you can stay out of vtec.

also if the cel is on for a p0441 thats under an extended warrenty. but I think thats only the 96 model.

and the only thing on the exterior that would give away GSR is that DOHC VTEC sticker on the back. but ya if it is that motor it IS the GSR. you could always have you insurence company run the vin they can tell you what it is.

also is it this style rim?
http://www.wheelsandcaps.com/ebay/images/wheels/acura/acura_gsr_side2.jpg

^ yes it’s that style rim.

And I can buy it for $4,100.
And no, I’m not telling you guys where it is…Sorry.

Does this seem like a good deal?

yea with the low millage and considering its a gsr that was elderly owned and driven and nothing is too wrong with it, id go for it.

A guy tried to sell one on ebay with double the mileage for $9k,i’d say its worth it.

thats a steal, go for it

:word: do it up

i couldn’t be happier with the gsr motor in my civic. i have only replaced the distributor in the almost 2 years i’ve owned it. bone stock it’s a pretty quick motor with good gas mileage (i am getting about 30mpg city/highway).

make sure the stamp on the motor is indeed b18c…other than than that, check ball joints, wheel bearings, suspension shit. etc. Those things are soooo fucking easy to fix. Really no matter what goes wrong that’s not engine realated is a semi-cheap fix.

What color is it?

i want to fucking buy it

sounds like my teg except I have 135k on it

i love mine with 144K on it. sex

buy it. parts are nothing.

EDIT: sureshot change your frickin sig already, my compy hates it

I’m going to buy it. ALL it (needs) I say that because it doesn’t need anything, just to be cleaned up.

It has a bit of rust around the rear wheel wells and the bumpers are not in perfect condition and the rub strip on the door is ripped off as well as a big dent in the drivers door.

It also has NO WAX on the car and has a bunch or blackish jizz on the car, looks like it was never washed.
So yeah It’s going to take some time to clean up…

post pics when you get it

So, I put it on the lift today, and the car is a no go. everything is tight on it…but the rust is terrible. It looks like the car sat in a field for a year. The fuel lines, brake lines and power steering lines are all rusted pretty good.
also the gas tank straps are pretty rusted as well. Yucky. What a waste of such a good car!

Pick up mine. 4 door (more functional), same price, ALOT less rust :slight_smile: