Interior Painting

I was debating it but wonder what you guys think. I would paint the trim to match the existing exterior color, not that random color like I’ve seen before. I think it would look good…

This is the car,

The interior is black at the moment so I was thinking of painting ONLY the center console, thoughts?

man nice response. But you have any idea how the colors would go, the charcoal grey on black. It’s not a MAJOR change at all so thats why I think it will look nice and stock but not stock at the same time.

Post pics of your interior instead so we can get a good visual perception.
Usually when I see cars (except black) that have the same colour interior as they do exterior, I think ricebucket.

Best bet is to have it slightly offset. One or two colours interior, and one or two colours exterior. Never more than two colours interior. Carry on the same theme throughout the entire interior. For example, Black speckled Texture dash would call for black speckled texture centre console.
The interior black and then one small part like the centre console gray would look gay.

^

I am lost when it comes to paint stuff.

Is that the paint that one would get if they wanted to spray paint a cloth?
Cause, my interior cloth pattern on my doors are nasty.

I am thinking, I want to spray it just plain Black or Charcoal Grey.

But, if it will look SUPER Ghetto after I will not do it.

Any advice?

on a side note: your attempt to swirl your license plate can easily be undone, its better to black it out or scrible it out if your do not want ppl to know where your at

where do they sell vinyl paint and where do they sell fabric paint?
theres this varicote guy that is on mount pleasant but he works out of his own home.

honestly, i have mis-trust in ct products.

Crappy Tire is just like any other. You wouldn’t go there to buy professional paints, but they have some things there that can’t go wrong.

Most craft store stuff just isn’t durable enough.

So you would trust krylon spray paint? I mean i’ve seen it go sooo bad. They don’t clean it, spray it on, and then every time there is a scratch, they are effed because you can see the original colour underneath.

… Where did you get that I trust Krylon paint out of what I said?
I told you I wouldn’t go to CT to buy Professional paint.
Krylon paint is sold at more companies than just CT. In other words, most other places like that have exactly what CT sells anyway, so you might as well buy it there, especially if it’s close to you.

I didn’t get that you trust Kryon paint out of what you said, I was asking if you trust krylon paint from ct as a plain jane question. so “would” you, as in could you possibly trust it, not “so you trust it” I don’t know if krylon is a professional paint. Hate to be anal about spelling out what I wrote but you sounded like I was being a donk, and you were straightening me out, which is not the case.

hahaha my apologies.
I don’t have much experience with Krylon paint other than the times when I go to my friends shop and tells me to use it up because he hates it in comparison to other paint companies in the same classification. So my recommendation would be against Krylon.

ok
1st only people who know russel dupe can say donk
2nd krylon sucks ass
3rd use the sand / "flexible primer’ /primer / paint technique.
4th buff and polish for final finish
5th the clear coat at canadian tire for rims is more rugged than
regular clear (duplicolor)
6th just sand and repaint if sh no works out.

for vinyl paint and fabric paint
fabric paint = super shitty
vinyl is readily available at crappy tire

if you have an air brush you can buy an additive for regular automotive paint it will help with the adhesion etc for vinyl.

nothing in a can is very good.
it will need to bee ultra f’ing clean…as in cleaning then wiping with alcohol is often NOT ENOUGH!

the duplicolour paint is fine i have used it 10000000 times
proper prep is key…otherwise it comes out shittso

here’s the process for a good finish
sand to 400 / 600, clean, clean, wipe with tack cloth.

flex primer,primer, flex primer, paint, pint paint, clear, clear, clear, clear
all coats must be done at tacky time, and before final flash.
(rughly 15 mins wait between coats)

primer / flex primer coats are the major key…primers go’s hard,
paint…not so much.
flex primer makes regular primer much more flexible

Clear and paint is only colour, it fixes / hides NOTHING it only makes it more visible
think of it as 2 dimensional, (you just shined up your scratches)

if you need to filler primer your in for a lot of work
you need to spray the flex before and after the primer and do it well before flash so they mix good.
then let it harden fully, sand and move on or repeat.

its a load of typing but about 3 hour of work for a trunklid and spoiler

I always thoguht painted inside looks cheap …iono…a bit of stuff here andthere is ok if done right but…most are lame paint inside.

I’m in the process of completely refinishing my interior right now. I’m using Dupli-Color TEXTURED metallic from ct. The whole interior is costing me just around $60 but it’s turning out pretty well (I’m putting three coats on the major panels). I’ll post some pics of what I have completed, if it’s any help.