Investment Simulator Challenge! 10/07 - Yr end

IN

Total: $937,217.38 -2.61 % -$25,107.94

:thankyou:

hahah pump & dump?

I’m making a portfolio solely of failing/failed financials.

Naw, just being stupid. I don’t know much about investing. Last week I put $1k that I can afford to play with into a scottrade account to start playing/learning.

This I’m just screwing around with because I don’t have time to take it seriously.

Are we going to be able to see what each other are doing after the first day? I’m hoping to learn something from you guys.

Yes.

That is alot of the reasoning behind doing this. :slight_smile:

This should give alot of the Fry’s a chance to see what exactly happens… in a simulation fashion at least.

I had a feeling that you had a higher purpose in mind. :lol: You can’t help but want to help people who are financially clueless, no matter how hard you try, amirite?

pshhh… I’m using my limits lol.

haha, i wish i had the balls to hold this portfolio in real life
I am margined to the max on shitty financials.
That and I have 1 share of berkshire hathaway. Because I’ve always wanted to afford to be able to buy one. $138k and change.

:lol: I thought about doing that. :rofl:

they only let you buy 99999 shares of something :frowning:

I’m with you… but they wouldn’t let me buy a stock which was .01 LOL :lol: :lol:

Heh. The first thing I tried to do was put all $500k on one stock.

I like how every time you buy stock you get margin to buy a little bit more. Its like i have a margin half life :slight_smile:

I have 7 stocks… 100k max in one of them.

can you guys not read the guidlines in the first post?

minimum price: $0.10
Diversification: 50%
IDK about the 99999 share limit, lol

Thats pretty much how the margin account works:

http://simulator.investopedia.com/help/Margin.aspx

The way we calculate margin is simple. We let you borrow 50% of the value of long equity positions (regular stock). So, if you had $50,000 of stock, you could borrow another $25,000. However, the amount you can borrow is offset by short positions. (We require you to have 150% of the short). Remember, shorting means you are borrowing a stock and then selling it. The extra 50% is like having collateral in case the stock moves up and you start losing money. (More info on short selling is here).

he said read… haha.

wtf… this thing is broken. I had FNM in for 1.32 and it got down to 1.25 but never made the trade… boooooooooo!

their limit orders suck. i got impatient with my fake money and switched to market.

and Apple boned me… BOOOO… I had 'em at 95 and it went down to 94 something.