iPhone on Verizon!!!!

The battery life thing is a wash, any gains from that are marginal at best…

Anyway, here is my source, n00b…

Posted April 11th

Like I said before, Apple can put a pile of dog shit in a pretty box and call it iShit, and people will line up dishing out $349 for it.

Apple makes nice stuff, but the iPhone seemed overrated from day 1. If it sells well, that means more people moving over from PC to Mac like the trend I have been seeing. But most people don’t bother to seek the other alternatives.

iPods are nice, but how many people have looked into Creative or Archos?

Yeah but by the same token there isn’t that much of a “huge” difference between the two nowadays.

VZW has more retail customers

To bad it does not sync with outlook, that alone will kill it in the professional world…

I looked into every possible MP3 player before I bought my iPod. The selling point was the superior audio specs. At the time, no other player had the form factor and the S/N ratio of the iPod.

There is only one thing about the iPhone I like, and I don’t even know if its a true feature (or only an office rumor). When around a wireless connection it goes into VoIP mode and doesn’t use your minutes, rather the connection.

All the touchscreen, no buttons, iPod integrated bs don’t sell me for $500. Hell the phone could be free and IMO I still wouldn’t want it.

It will sell a lot of units no doubt, but I’d say more than half of the sales is for trendiness rather than true functionality.

truth be told, i’m still reserving final judgment on it. i’ll wait until i get my hands on one to really make my decision. as it stands right now, i’m not impressed and refuse to buy into hype.

thats only retail postpaid customers, cingular has a good deal more from other sources (gophone, etc)

I have been hearing and reading rummor that the iphone will be comming out for verizon in jan or feb 2009. Has anyone heard the same rumors or know anymore information on this. Does anyone have any leaked info on this project or have actuall true info. Jus wonderin wht this is all about.

Maybe I’m missing something…

http://cell-phones.shop.ebay.com/items/Cell-Phones-Smartphones__iphone?_catref=1&_dmpt=Cell_Phones&_fln=1&_sacat=3312&_ssov=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m282&Carrier=Verizon

i doubt this is going to happen in 2009

edit: or ever for that matter

probably won’t happen for the same reason it didn’t for sprint.

I was reading the ebay listing, say it will work with any GSM network, Verizon is CDMA. Maybe someone on here can clear this up. I know Verizon offers “world phones” a.k.a “GSM” phones.

anyone who thinks this is coming to vzw is a fucking idiot.

wont happen sorry

If you want an iphone on verizon get an Omnia or a Touch Diamond or something and install SPB Mobile Shell and enjoy all the benefits of an iphone with way more capability.

yea its called the BB Storm.

Needs to be bigger

i wish i could make it blink.