Verizons "Iphone Killer"

We shall see.

Its either going to be a big fuckup or a giant success

im deleting your signature.

and verizon is junk.

blah

loving the idea so far !! too bad verizon is on that… look out for a shitty spec’d phone , if it comes to sprint or something i hack to work onto boost (YA RIGHT) then i’de be looking into this

Did it for you mr nazi mod.
it was getting old anyways.

thank you. you earn 1 bueller rep system upgrade.(when i can)

I am actually interested in getting a droid. I think you can actually get a voice and data plan for $70 with Verizon.

With out any extras like extra lines… etc its suppose to be 72? thats what the rep told me. This gay ass samsung glyde is going to be smashed with a sledge hammer and then lit on fire. i FUCKING HATE the touch screnn software. WORST PHONE EVER.

/rant :slight_smile:

The Droid may be a Verizon specific phone but there are supposed to be something like 19 new Android based(The Droids OS, designed by Google) phones coming out within the next year or so, from multiple different makers and on multiple different networks.

ya . i hate “unique” OS’s designed by the phone makers, im all for android or windows phones

Andriod yes. Boost/sprint/nextel. no.

Verizon isnt that bad. i get service in ALOT of places everyone does noe. ITs just the software on a bunch of phones that pisses me off.

Nothing I have used to this date has been able to match the sophistication and speed of the iphone.

I doubt this thing will, either.

got to play with one of these at a roadshow i was at for work (im a sales manager for verizon wireless) phone is lightning quick with the beta software still on it. the web browser is incredible. we also have the HTC Android Eries comming out soon after which wont have a slide out keyboard. the edge that verizon has with these phones is the network is much faster then say att or sprint/nextel. nothing against the iphone i’ve had 2 of them, phone is great data network is junk. def check these out when they launch

You got any pricing info…ummm…to share? :lol

Is the cheapest voice and data plan around $70 with Verizon?

im assuming it has to have a data plan? i have the samsung rogue and i LOVE it…its awesome!

haha no pricing yet, but I can’t see any of them going too far over 199 after rebate. Storm may come in at 179.99 but I haven’t seen anything yet on it. The data plan that will be required on the androids will be the same 29.99 feature that needs to go on Blackberrys and PDA devices. As far as cheapest plan…base minute allowance is 450 at 39.99 and base with unlimited messaging is 59.99. Then you just add the 29.99 feature onto that.

I know this is a shameless plug, but come on man. You’re a Shift member right now, not at work. :rofl

Verizon only has ONE thing over other networks. Signal strength in more places.

If you put a Sprint smart phone against a Verizon smart phone (two BB’s for example) in an area where BOTH have 100% strength, Sprint’s data connection will BLOW…VERIZON…AWAY. Period.

How do I know?

I manage ALL the wireless devices in my company (insurance).

I have a Sprint phone (Palm Pre) personal). I have a Verizon phone (3 BB Storms - work). I also have Cingular AND Verizon wireless devices (PC cards). I primarily use Cingular for my wireless devices because they are faster, however I’ve been buying/deploying Verizon devices because they connect in more places.

Verizon needs to stop advertising their speed and focus on advertising their ability to connect in more places. They are NOT fast.

AT&T and Sprint blows Verizon out of the water when it comes to data network speeds.

Interesting statistics my Verizon sales person told me in a conference call one day:

Verizon spends the most out of any company on their network (maintenance, expansion, etc.). The next closest is Sprint. They spend half the amount Verizon does. Followed by AT&T, etc.

Now if only Verizon could get great phones like the iPhone or Palm Pre and the same network speeds (instead of spending all that money just to provide service to more areas) as Sprint/AT&T, I’d switch. Until then, Sprint FTW. I rarely have issues connecting, getting what I need (even if it is roaming), but Verizon has NO nice phones (maybe this one will finally take the cake).

this.

sprint data network is alot faster than verizon…

Verizon will never have a superior phone than ATT.

Jeff, ditch the POS Verizon you have.