iPhone gets announced for Verizon

So, how many customers do you think AT&T is going to lose?

I’m buying 35 of these for my company. My Verizon rep loves me now. :rofl

been watching this

they should have waited and made it a LTE phone.

I don’t think AT&T will get hit too hard actually.

I’ve been following it myself because my VP’s are pressuring me to find out any info on it’s release and my rep was sworn to secrecy because he wouldn’t tell me a single thing lol. He just called me though and was laughing cause I sent him the email as soon as the announcement came out lol.

I think two things will happen:

1. Verizon will lose some Android business as part of the launch. Some people got Android because it was the only good smartphone platform available on Verizon.
  2. AT&T will lose some customers, which will only helps it’s spotty network.

I’ve been a WebOS/Android fanboi since 2009, but I’ve recently become more receptive to Apples iPhone and iPod/iPad. However, I still think their computer line is WAY overpriced for what you get and I will never buy their computer product. I am considering an iPod Nano for my car and depending on what Sprint comes out with next (this summer) as their flagship phone, I may consider moving to Verizon. They are good phones, although not as customizable as Android.

It may keep people from leaving verizon now but not many people are going to take a 175$ hit for the early termination fee just to jump ship

Yeh f this

Maybe not now, but once their contract expires I don’t see why they would stay on AT&T. It’s a known fact Verizon has the best network in this nation. Way better than Sprint (which I think is great as I have no issues with my EVO) and T-Mobile.

It’s a fact AT&T has a faster network than Verizon-when you’re comparing 3G Verizon to AT&T’s newly branded “4G” which their iPhone will work on.

You also have to look at the price of contracts. People will most likely be saving a bunch by going to verizon compared to att.

ill be staying on my sprint plan forever though. $30/mo 450 min, unlimited everything else can not be beat.

Yea as an at&T iphone user you can expect to pay atleast 90$ a month for some stupid phone

You’re going to pay the same on verizon, their pricing is virtually identical.

AT&T actually has tiered data now so if anything AT&T is cheaper.

This just pisses me off cuz it’s going to steal away potential android customers into buying the highly subsidized iPhones. No profit there.

I’d rather have a slightly slower network than a network that doesn’t connect at all in many many spots around the country. I have field staff all over the US and just finished migrating everyone to Verizon data cards because the AT&T connection was terrible in places in NJ, etc.

I love my Sprint plan. $80/month (I have the EVO so I have to pay that special fee for data) and I get unlimited EVERYTHING and 450 minutes (only 20 of which I actually use).

Yes. Verizon = AT&T when it comes to pricing. Maybe a little more. T-Mobile and Sprint are basically identical in terms of price. That’s why I’m on sprint. Biggest bang for the buck. I do a lot of traveling and always have coverage or can roam (which I don’t get charged for). But for $80, I get what I’d be paying $100 or more for on Verizon.

Verizon has tiered as well. At least on their data cards. 3GB or 5GB.

I prefer Android myself, but I can’t slam the iPhone. It IS a good phone, although far less techy than an Android phone.

I hated that iphone. Cool gadget but a horrible phone

Correct, Verizon is only tiered on their cards. AT&T is tiered on their smartphones and cards. Sprint has great plans and good service. I sell AT&T/Sprint/T-Mobile (at least for 1-2 more weeks haha). I use Droid1 on Verizon.

And I totally agree iPhone is a great phone, not my personal preference though.

The only company making money here is Apple

I will not change from my Droid to an iPhone I don’t care if its on Verizon network I just don’t want an iPhone.

You hated paying for it lol

90 dollars a month is a lot of fucking money for a phone

:thumbup

With the projected demand for people with iphones on verizons network they are going to run the current network too hard, data will be slow and congested, tons of problems ect. They should of waited another 1-2 years until the LTE network is at least covering 50% of their service area. Verizons current 3g network is a joke for any kind of “high” speed/bandwidth. ATT coverage is anything but spotty anymore, they just need to work on their high speed date coverage, which they have been, even locally!

ill take my droid x over an iphone any day…