Verizons "Iphone Killer"

hell fucking no i will not ditch them ive been with verion since i was 16…
i go through phones like no tommrow

I for one do not care abuot internet on a phone. dont have the time to be using that bs. I want a phone that can text/call. with a qwerty keyboard. I had the BB storm for a little bit (dropped it in a puddle 6 days after i got it… arrrgggg) and it was sweet for what i used it for.

Not switching. Att/nextel can BE LOW ME.

fuck that dude. the storm is the SHITTIEST phone i have ever used. they are fucking garbage!!!

I knew it would be shit phone with a screen that actually moves :lol Pretty dumb idea if you ask me.

Ehh sounds like someone dident know how to adjust their screen or properly close applications.

Anyone I’ve talked to who have used the storm and had issues with it having to do mutliple battery pulls etc dident know how to properly close an application cuasing the phones memory to dwindle and had bad a touchscreen responce because they dident know how to adjust the screen via the 2 screws under the battery cover.

The storm in its early stages sucked, it was slow and people had some issues… Since some software upgrades it has gotten a lot better…

Now after running the 5.0.230 software the phone is a completely different beast… Response is fast as hell, the phone doesnt lag when switching from portrait to landscape, flick scrolling is awsome, threaded SMS rocks and overall the phone is much quicker

The storm 2 is even a better improvment… every demo ive seen just completely blows the storm out of the water… the new technology being used in the touchscreen is going to be the biggest improvement

Its no iphone and im getting sick of the touchscreen, I’ll be going with a blackberry tour or the new curve when it comes out next week

Anyone ive adjusted the screen for or anyone who ive given a new OS to on the storm love it now

It was acctualy a great idea, just the design was flawed…

The storm 2’s design is 10x better, now the phone is a closed unit, the screen itself doesnt move at all… it uses a technology that allows the glass to have some give in it when an electric current is passed thru it, when the phones off the glass is completely solid giving a better more accurate feel of pressing a button
Also now you can press mutliple keys at once allowing for much faster/responsive typing

i don’t acctually own one. i just buy them from people at work. and everyone we have bought them from has said they have gone through like at least 3 or 4. And that it freezes, drops calls, the screen sucks, etc. I am just not a big fan of touch screen to begin with. My fat fingers always hit like 3 things at once :lol

they are coming out with a new curve??? the tour is fuckin SICK! and i have heard the storm 2 is awesome!

These people are running the old software/dont close applixcation properly and dont know how to adjust the screen…

I deal with it all the tiem at work and with a few friends who have the phone…

You need to really use the phone… the first 2 hours i had it i fuckin hated it… just took a little tweaking and some getting used to with the screen.

I give people my phone all the time and their like WOW its so fast and the screen feels so good compared to mine.

Yea the new curve looks somewhat like the tour, is a little smaller, is a lot faster and uses the trackpad the ATT bold uses over the trackball…

I love the trackpads over the trackball, much more repsonive and you dont have to worry about shit getting in ther…

And yes the storm 2 is a completely differnt beast then the storm… id get one but ive been getting very tired of the touchscreen in general…

I tried using my buddys iphone the other day and i was going nuts because im so used to some sort of feedback when pressing the screen to select something, and now i jsut want a physical keyboard

I currently have the Blackberry Curve 8900/Tour 9630(same phone besides a different style keys on the keyboard.) Best phone I’ve had so far, I love everything about it. I’ve had Blackberries for 2.5 years now and love them. I tried out the HTC Google G1 for a month or so and just didn’t like how big it was, didn’t like the touchscreen & slide out keyboard, so then I just got rid of that and got the current BB I have now.

doesn’t the omnia use a track pad as well?? i guess the tour 2 which is slated for like february is also gonna use the same style track pad as the omnia…should be sweet.

Again your personal experience with cellphones is opposite of what is commonly accepted, first it was Sprint’s service is great now its this.
http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2009/07/3g-speed-test/
Article showing 12000 peoples results show Verizon as the fastest 3G network

http://www.pcworld.com/article/167391/a_day_in_the_life_of_3g.html
Heres another article showing Verizon with the fastest download speeds.

Another thing to note is that both articles mention that the bar indicator for service is almost totally worthless

i can haz the new OS for bb storm?

Wait till tommorow… Version 5.0.0.328 is being officialy released tommroow

Should make the world of difference on your phone :thumbup

Depends on the phone/browser as well…

My verizon phones were slow as shit web browsing…

But tethered the speeds are pretty quick

ATT and Verizon are 2 fastest I’ve used…

We used to have sprint cards at work but they sucked, net speeds were horrible

verizon/att were pretty close at times but it all depended on the area

cool thanks man :thumbup
i heard that when the bb storm 2 is released, original storm owners will be able to trade in their storm plus a fee (i want to say $50) for the storm 2. has anyone else heard this?

No I havent, but hmm in interested to see what the deal is… if this is the case i may be holding off on the tour/curve for awhile to play with the storm 2

IIRC i saw it on crackberry a while ago… not sure if the deal is still available, but if it is, im going to have to hop on that as i hear the screen for the storm2 is lightyears ahead of the original storm.

i think the release date is oct. 29th

Wednesday 28th :thumbup

ahh okay thanks man

True the phone and hardware will always make the difference but thats not the networks fault.

i want to go with an android phone after the market has been saturated with them and theyve been tried and tested and have tons of crap out for them. 99% of the time i do not buy a product just because its new and nobody has one.