iPhone Release

i :love: my upstage… it’s literally half the size of some phones

if the prices were more market based on the hardware and not the niche market, i might just think about maybe purchasing one for my parents… being that everything works so auto-magically, it makes it nice to turn on and use for home use. :blue:

i’ll report back when i get a chance to check out the iPhone.

i don’t have a problem with apple computers…

i personally use a PC because a PC does what i need & macs don’t…plus i’m not a fan of the limited software & games for macs.

but its is def a good computer…if it suites your needs.

my problem is with consumers of non computer apple products.
i hate how Mp3 players are called ipods…i hate how consumers are to lazy & too materialistic to see that there are other better, cheaper, just as “cool” things out there.

like ive said a ton of times on here…yes the ipod is nice but i think 50+% of people who have ipods, got it because its an “Ipod” not because its the best Mp3 for them… i think the RAZR is the same way (but not as good of a product)…its a shitty phone that was marketed great & people wanted it cause it was a “RAZR”

there are tons of other MP3 players on the market that are cheaper, cooler looking, more space, etc… but because it doesn’t have the hip commercials or the "got to have it " appeal it doesn’t get bought.

i think the iphone is gonna be the same way.

so everyone who has a gaget phone be prepared for people to start asking …is that a iphone…same with mp3 players & ipods.

i like the upstage…

if i didn’t need more functionality then a basic phone + Mp3 & other goodies…it would be 1-2 on my list to buy…
before i went to palm phones i had the OLD SCHOOL samsung uproar
one of the 1st Mp3 phones with only 64MB …LOL
it was a bad ass phone back in the day.

since then i’ve had palm phones.
Kyocera 6035(piece of shit) -> samsung i300 -> samsung i330 -> treo650

my treo 650 has been great to me.

i totally only use it for a phone… the navigation is neat but i don’t functionally use it… it has a 2gb sd micro card that i dumped some Mp3’s to… i rarely use it as an mp3 player, but it’s nice to have.

some apple loving idiot tried to tell me that his ‘new iPhone’ is smaller than my upsatge… i laughed.

crazy…

peep that graphic i posted…the iphone is big.
casue i know people who think the treo is “big” & its bigger…granteed its thinner, but still bigger.

the LG prada is crazy small & looks very similar to the iphone…but mad pricy

i’m “excited” about this, but i’ve heard there are lots of problems with them in japan. this info come from a vietnamese friend so i dont’ know how reliable it is. but it does a lot of cool things. i own the samsung a900 and don’t use half of the shit. i have an ipod so the iphone would be easy for me to take advantage of. ok bye bye

iPhone will be pretty slick in my mind, if I can get all my email, run remote desktop, run specialty java apps we have, and can actually get decent battery life out of it. The interface, as is Apple standard, looks amazing. My fear is things will break just after the standard warranty period, and after about 3 months the battery will not last more than a day. Hell, I’m lucky if I get about an hour or hour-fifteen out of my 1 year old mac book pro… And the battery in the iPhone isn’t replacable by the average user. Get ready to shell out another $200 for an apple care subscription so that you can actually get stuff replaced.

True… I have a C2D Macbook Pro that I bought in November. I really love the machine… its top notch when it comes to a laptop. The battery could be a little better, but I get a solid 3 hours out of it. I bring it into work at 8am and im plugging in the charger at 11. I think its funny all these companys advertise to watch movies when your on the road… but most of the time, the battery will not even last the full movie, lol

Heh, rumors state cancelling your policy with ATT will STILL cost you a 179$ cancellation fee, even if you just bought it. Im kinda shocked, but not at the same time. Ebay is going to be flooded with these things.

Coming from a former employee of apple, there nice to use. But I sure as hell wouldnt own one(except for maybe a Mac Mini as a desktop)

So noone is going to be waiting for one on Friday?

dude, there are idiots already waiting…lol… i read some beat article about some chick already standing in line in new york… get a life!

check this out… the phone has a ton of pros and is slick… i thought some of these were interesting…

The iPhone is missing some features common on some competitors. There’s no instant messaging, only standard text messaging. While its two-megapixel camera took excellent pictures in our tests, it can’t record video. Its otherwise excellent Web browser can’t fully utilize some Web sites, because it doesn’t yet support Adobe’s Flash technology. Although the phone contains a complete iPod, you can’t use your songs as ringtones. There aren’t any games, nor is there any way to directly access Apple’s iTunes Music Store.

I just read that it is not compatible with Exchange either… f that!

I got 5 of them sitting here… all for sale.

go you… eyeball the first 5 yuppies you see and call it a day.

OMG! you are so e cool! Jump in your 11 second vette with your 5 iPhones and the bitches will just drop them panties!

lol

Im posting from my iPhone right now I couldnt be happier!

go me? theyre not all mine lol :smiley:

actually i think im closer to the 10s right now, thats somewhere i doubt youll see

and if i needed my car or anything else to get girls to drop their panties, id be in trouble… sorry to hear this is the case for you

pics, vids, anything to backup these numbers and I will eat my words. till then :bsflag: