iPod touch/iPhone questions

ok, so i have a jailbroken 1.1.4 ipod touch. should i upgrade to 2.0? what would i lose from the jailbroken one to the 2.0? is there a jailbreak for 2.0? a friend of mine upped his iphone and said it was pretty buggy. is it worth doing?

also…i read that there is a proof of concept video of the slingbox on ipod. is there a hack for this? it would make my year if there was. sling media said that they basically modded an ipod with a mobile version of slingplayer. it works flawlessly and there is a video on youtube. anyone have any info on this?

Not sure about the whole slingbox thing, but you should probably wait a bit before you upgrade to 2.0.

It’s too buggy and truthfully, a lot of the jailbroken apps for 1.1.4 are better.

the only real 2.0 app i have found usefull so far is pandora.

i didnt have a problem restoring the pod + dropping 2.0 on it from being jailbroken previously. with the exception of having to re-sync all the music & photos on it.

because i never made a restore backup.

ya pandora and the app store is the best part of 2.0.

if you are jailbroken, i would hold off and wait becuase they are porting pandora over as a third party app last i read or at least trying.

2.0 is significantly less stable than my jailbroken 1.1.3 was, but pandora is amazing, the AIM app is FAR, FAR superior to any of the 3 or so AIM clients i used, and most of the other apps i had are there, and work better than before. But i dont have firefly iSpit, neat themes, VOIP, NES…

Probably just run 2.0 until the much needed update comes out to stop this thing from randomly rebooting constantly.