Iranian fighter jets fired on unarmed drone over international air space.

This.

They need to go back to pre-pearl harbor foreign policy. PH was the change of America from being mostly isolationist as far as these kinds of relations go to full out world police.

this whole Iran thing is because of isreal, if the US leaves isreal alone to deal with their own issues, we wont be hearing about iran in the news every five minutes, and they wont be shooting at US crafts. and a war with Iran is not even an option anytime soon, Iran is a country with a functioning government, they got a legit army they been building for years, not like afganistan and Iraq.

Let me walk into your house and throw a fit and say “Doesnt matter, I got fired upon” and start a turf war like stray cats.

The US is the biggest terrorist in the world.

I’m sure we have more nuclear weapons disassembled so they can’t be classified as “weapons” than any other country. The countless acts of human experimentation done by the CIA. We’re no better than anyone else. Just more paranoid.

So we should abandon a country that we as a nation were instrumental in making a functional nation? No matter what the “people” of the nations that oppose the existence of Isreal will always hate the U.S. for what we symbolize. Yes Isreal is a more imediate target, but if we hypathetically abandoned Isreal and let war brake out it would likely end in a major nuclear conflict that would probably lead to major global issues. The real problem is that we have made Isreal fight a soft war against her enemies and forced them to give back land taken in wars they won, but didn’t start.

this is right here is the problem. people in the US have NO clew whats going on between israel and the palistanians, the media does a horriable job covering it and they are ofcourse one sided, i can go on about this forever, simply you got a contry that got colonized by a group that then formed a country on the land of the country that was originally there. so what do you do with the people that lived on that land before it was colonized? kill them, but them in camps, show the world they are terroists whatever it takes to keep ur new found country, and with politics u can get support of the US. on the other hand u got other people in the middle east that are turing on the news and seeing a 10 year old getting shot at for throwing a rock at an israely armoured vehicle, so they get pissed. people in the middle east dont hate the US cuz they have a diffrent religion or they have freedom of speach or any of that B.S. they are telling us here. most middle eastern countries are very westernized and like we been seeing with all the recent protests in middle east they WANT democracy.

last year the palistanian preident went to the UN and requested palistine to be recognized as a country, and they voted no. if they was to go through palistine would then have clear boarders and israel would have clear boarders, at which point it would be against international law for either side to carry any attacks, the conflict would end right then, but the US voted againist, just because this is how politics works its not in isreals favor for the conflict to stop right now. because their country still needs to grow.
things like that is why people are hate the US they feel as the american government is not fair and that builds anger.

The problem is even if the extremist population is 1% or less thats still a huge portion of the population. With all the terrorist attacks Isreal has been subject to it is no surprise what their domestic defense policies are. The problem is that while there may be plenty of Palestinians that just want a normal life there are a large number of them that are willing to do violence to their neighbors solely for the reason that they are of a different idiology. We could argue this point back and forth however we like the problem won’t change. Isreal is going to remain as a nation and it’s neighbors will continue to attack it. Eventually there will be a victor and with it’s superior military it’s likely to be Isreal.

yes what we really need right now are more wars of aggression.

sweet fuck why did i enter this thread on this forum.

^this, America must stop Policing the fucking world, cut foreign AID, get rid of these needless military bases, we have one in over 150 countries.

How well would the American public take it Japan Had a Base in Texas? Or China in Florida? The resentment would be insane. This is one of the main reason why other countries are not fond of us.

The funny thing about American history is the Genocide of the native American race as a whole. It was not too far off from what the Nazi’s did in WWII.

America leadership imposes it’s self, It isn’t your will it sure as hell isn’t mine. Why does the government do this The war economy. We are in every country we have a vested interest in. THAT’S it, If you are in a poor country with no resources america does not give a fuck about your oppression.

Iran =Oil
Iraq = Oil
Afghanistan = heroin
Some parts of Africa = Diamonds
What country did we recently find out has huge lithium deposits? Oh well don’t matter if we are not there already We will be there soon!:Idiots

A war with Iran isn’t needed and I am sure our government will try to avoid it for now…Like someone else said Iran isn’t going to be kicked over like Iraq… Seriously the war on Iraq should have NEVER happened.

Don’t forget African gold mines.

I’m sure if we knew the truth we wouldn’t believe it anyway.

It’s too bad that their own military and a shitty political agenda have to ruin that country’s name. The common people there are peaceful and friendly. The cities are nice and there is lots of tradition and pride.

I work with a guy that was there for 6 months and had nothing bad to say, just that the news and a handful of their leaders ruin it for everyone.

Iran is going to be a fun war…

Friend of mine commented on this (I shared it on FB):

Some updates on this:

The jet was a Su-25, a former soviet ground-attack aircraft, owned by the IRGAF, not the actual Iranian Air force. Which is to say, “The Revolutionary Guard is well known for doing ballsy shit for no real reason”. The Su-25 is a ground attack craft, meaning it had no air-to-air weapons aside from the cannon it used. The cannon used is just a bore-sighted dumbfired gun made for taking out tanks, and is therefore level with the nose (instead of pitched up) making it the worst weapon for air-air, and has a huge spread pattern (since Tanks). The Su-25 also doesn’t have any sophisticated computer targetting systems, and its onboard RADAR isn’t capable of tracking something as small as a Predator drone, so the jet had to be guided by ground-based radar until it was able to get a visual fix and then effectively fire over open iron sights. The Su-25 also has a stall speed that’s about 80mph faster than the Predator’s top speed. Add all these factors in, and I’d be amazed if one of the US’s top fighter ace’s could have taken down the drone, nevermind a IRGAF fuckoff who’s probably never had so much as a combat sim training, nevermind any air combat measured in hours (or hell just flying at all, they don’t have the money for that kind of thing)

The good news is that IRGAF moves are almost always 100% sabre-rattling to seem domestically important, so it won’t result in fuckall on the international level

:lol

Unless they nuke us…that war will last a whopping week. TOPS. Probably not, but if they made a serious offensive against us, I’m sure the US would deal swift and deadly punishment unlike Afghanistan/Iraq which we kind of just babysat in, etc.

the SU25 is like a russian shitty version of our badass A10

Most Russian/eastern European/former Soviet state things are crappy. Just look at the Lada, Moskvich, etc. :lol

A Pentagon spokesman, according to the Washington Post, had this to say: “An Iranian Su-25 fighter jet pursued the U.S. drone as it retreated from Iranian airspace.

Interesting. In the CNN article I referred to, it was international airspace.

Oh well, go figure we got caught with our hands in the cookie jar again.

I was waiting on this as it makes sense.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he did actually fire in the international air space but we probably got a little pokey and antagonized them to begin with by going into their air space and then quickly bailing out.