Iran really testing the US navy

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/meast/01/07/iran.us.navy/index.html

The U.S. military reported Monday on a “significant” confrontation involving five Iranian Revolutionary Guard boats that “harassed and provoked” three U.S. naval ships in international waters over the weekend.
U.S. military officials said the incident occurred early Sunday morning in the Strait of Hormuz, a narrow shipping channel leading in and out of the Persian Gulf.
The five Iranian ships made “threatening” moves – in one case coming within 200 yards of a U.S. ship, the U.S. officials said.
In one radio transmission, the Iranians told the U.S. Navy: “I am coming at you. You will explode in a couple of minutes,” the U.S. military officials told CNN.
When the U.S. ships heard that radio transmission, they took up their gun positions and officers were “in the process” of giving the order to fire when the Iranians abruptly turned away, the U.S. officials said. http://i.l.cnn.net/cnn/.element/img/2.0/mosaic/tabs/video.gifWatch what U.S. officials are saying about the incident »
After the radio transmission, one of the Iranian ships dropped white boxes into the water in front of the U.S. ships, the officials told CNN. It was not clear what was in the boxes, the officials said.http://i.l.cnn.net/cnn/.element/img/2.0/mosaic/tabs/map.gifSee a map of the Strait of Hormuz »
No shots were fired and no one was injured in the confrontation.
Don’t Miss

• Iran patrols Persian Gulf, U.S. says
    The Iranian government had no immediate response to the Sunday incident.
    The Strait of Hormuz, which is in international waters, is near much of the world’s oil supplies.
    The White House urged Iran to refrain from “such provocative actions that could lead to a dangerous incident in the future,” National Security Council spokesman Gordon Johndroe said.
    In November, the U.S. military reported that Iran’s Revolutionary Guard Corps had taken command of that country’s naval operations in the Persian Gulf.
    The U.S. considers the Revolutionary Guard to be a major supporter of terrorist activity.

too bad our boys didnt blow these fuckers off the face of the earth. :shoot:

IBgaspricesgoup

I cant believe they could say that and drop off boxes and no shots were fired. Iran is begging for us to to something and i really dont know wtf they are thinking.

Do we even have the troop strength to fight Iran?

not in a prolonged engagement. if they don’t fold & comply under the Shock & Awe faze, we’d be fucked.

too late…

gas prices go up by the second…

Hellz yea son. If not you get drafted lol.

no

draft 2.0

I hope you guys dont really think we would try to attack Iran with a overwhelming ground force hahahahah. I promise they would be disabled before we even set foot on their soil.

GWBush 2.0?

Its really fucking scary when that happens…

We had the same thing I was on with Iraqi fishing boats…calling us on the radio and telling us they were going to explode.

Good times

But even that being said i think it would be tough to support the war in Iraq and a war in Iran so either Iraq would have to end or possibly a draft. Also keep in mind it would be a much bigger deal involvin alot of countries if shit went down with Iran.

No, no I don’t.

I don’t doubt that we’d be able to destroy the country & infrastructure from afar, and in mere hours or days.

My concern is the ground force needed to secure the country. IOW: The aftermath. We as a country would be held responsible to cleaning it up again, and we don’t have the masses for that. Not after the last few years, and considering the general state of repair of equipment.

Of course, you know better then I, so, if you say so. :tup:

No i agree with what you said. That is what the issue would be for sure.

Can you please explain this for me? Are you saying do we have the people to go take over iran because that is comical at best. We could take over iran with a few thousand guys not even going into their soil. The troops are only needed to secure the area for the restructure. I hope you do not believe that the US military would be in any way shape or form threatened by Iran if so you are very misinformed of our capabilities to say the least.

Just like Iraq? Seems that we keep throwing troops at that area to keep to stable and didn’t it take a large number of troops on the inital invasion?

I was under the impression that Irans army was more advanced then Iraqs I could be wrong…

I AM NOT ATTACKING YOU OR THE ARMY MR BLAKE PLEASE DON’T LOSE YOUR MIND AND YELL AT ME IN YOUR REPONSE

omg are you really that stupid?

Yes and if you think we are fighting some type of ground war here you are totally wrong. I really hope you dont think that that comment was witty as it would be just like Iraq. You might think you have a clue about what goes on over here from whatever news you watch but through the entire war we have lost under 4,000 troops man its is not some bloody ass ground combat war. Their power was taken before we even got here and now we have to fight small pockets of resistance. We are not fighting to win a war right now we are helping rebuild a country.

If you are going to say im stupid then atleast tell me how please.