Iraq Afghanistan Veterans of America

www.iava.org

This organization speaks on behalf of the “new generation” of veterans from Iraq and Afghanistan. Some of their major projects included the Post 9/11 GI Bill, Advance funding of the VA Budget, and retroactive stop-loss payments to name a few. I am simply posting this up so that people who did not already know of them could check them out if interested.

been a member for a bit now. They’re been my best source for new and upcoming information. I’ve helped quite a few fellow vet’s with the info from this site.

Paging cougarspeed. He just got shafted on a gov’t check

If its about the GI Bill… Its EVERYONE getting shafted…I feel for him, and thats why im not using it any time soon.

My wife is ex-Air Force and is using her GI Bill. She struggled to get ANY info from the VA while we were waiting, and I ended up contacting 2 Senators about it. Suddenly after Congress was involved, we got paid! How coincidental…

I have been an IAVA member for awhile, I just thought that it would be a good resource to put out there for you guys.

So I am planning on going AF Reserve as a 1N0. Who can give me info?

:tup: As for getting shafted im going to the VA in a minute to see if it can be sorted. They never paid me the last of my enlistment bonus and I have the paperwork to prove it but they refuse to say they owe me anything. :picard:

What do you want to know? Either post it or PM me, I have a lot of friends that are 1N0’s…

the military… lol

Care to explain?

nah, lol’ing various institutions this afternoon.

I figured that out after I posted lol

but yeah the military…lol

Its a shame the VA is so messed latley. My experiance with the VA GI bill was awesome just a few years ago. I never had a problem, but I know many people with lots of money floated out there, that have no end in sight for getting paid.

I’ve always received my GI Bill payments on time. I feel for you people that haven’t though. No complaints about the VA from me.

+1. Everything went smooth for me also. Only problem I had was getting my medical and dental records.