Do you know a senior in assisted living, skilled nursing, or receiving home healthcar

This is more for older people (65 and up, or disabled Vets)

I kind of stumbled onto this with my new job down in florida, and figured it might actually help some of your families out.

ANYWAY…

They may be entitled to a military service related government pension of up to $23,396 tax free… a year.

Alot of people in here have relatives whom are Veterans that are in Assisted living facilities, and they are draining there savings on a daily basis at an alarming rate.

After watching my grandparents drain their savings only to worry about the costs of care (to the point where my grandmother will neglect to take my grandfather to the hospital when hes having chest pains, due to a $50 dollar co-pay, stingy lady)

My family has since scolded her, and shes gotten better. When I heard about this pension, i was skeptical, but it is completely legit, and that’s why I’m posting it on all of the forums that I’m a member of)

This benefit isnt only for the poor, but with rising healthcare costs, I see no harm in educating the public on how to qualify for money that Veterans earned for their service.
Veterans and Widows of Veterans! Tax-free Pension may be available!
(this is just a craigslist ad I put together for down here, i made it, it is legit, even though in reading through it, it appears to be scammish, :lol:)
If anybody has a better idea how to get the word out on this please pm me.

Feel free to shoot me an email @ williamjbaxter@gmail.com If you know of anybody who might benefit from this service.

I stress, there is no charge.

(I’m not in NY obviously right now, but a lot of the questions people have can easily be taken over the phone, and I’ll be back in town late may most likely for a week or so)

So my grandpa is 76, served 2 tours of duty in Korea, and weights about 300lbs. Does he qualify? He could use some extra cash

Looks like combat only.(?)
I think my father was between Korea and Vietnam.

all i can think of is that life alert commercial.
“I’M HAVING CHEST PAINS!”
then you have the old lady, “I’VE FALLEN…AND I CAN’T GET UP!”

Based on what you told me, yes, he is “eligibile”

But wether or not he qualifies he must have
under 80,000 in liquid assets (Home and car are exempt)

His adjusted monthly income must be under ~1500 a month (there are a ton of unreimbursible costs here ie, med bills, health insurance, assisted living facility costs, etc etc… all of which come off the top of his income)

The amount of the pension is determined by those things and wether or not he is housebound, married, has dependents, is in need of aid and attendance, etc etc…

But based on what i know, he is “eligible”

Blue eyed devil… they dont need to be AT war, they just need to be in the service, during the time of war…

The other day my cousin (20 years old, going into the navy, wants to be a seal) told me that they actually use the “Pension” as a recruitment tool, to incentivize young people to join the service… it blows my mind that such a low percentage of people are actually aware of its existance, yet alone, receiving it.

lastly, even if you are over the $80,000 Liquid asset limit, the VA manual clearly states that

“… a claimant (the vet) may attempt to reduce net worth or countable income by transferring property… without giving up all rights in the property”

Unlike medicaid rules/regs… there is no 5 year look back here… that being said, you NEED to apply the correct way the first time, that way they dont question where the 400,000 dollar IRA went since the first time you applied last year.

On another note, this is potentially your inheritance money that your grandparents are wittling away at on a daily basis for healthcare, assisted living care, etc etc… Me personally, id rather have the 400k come to me at their passing rather than have it go to Uncle sam, let him pay them for their service to the country rather then they get screwed over double time.

i’m a vet pay for me.

Did you miss the part about being 65 years old or older… or totally disabled?

:tup: for your service though… no wonder you are so buff <3

I can has free monies? I am older then 6+5!!!

you always said i was disabled…:lolsign::ohyeah:

sent you an email willllllllll

Calllllled you back jiiiiiiiiiiiiim

You did, where was I?!

bump.

BUMP. Thanks to those who may have helped spread the word. I received a call this morning, the day after I leave NY, go figure, from a guy who got my number from a lady he knew at church. (I dont frequent churches, so somebody must have found me through word of mouth) Regardless, I have a feeling they are going to benefit greatly from the extra money.

Anyway, thanks again to those of you who helped spread the word.

Thanks cool as hell, my grandfather is 71 and a veteran of WW2 I think, but he lives in Puerto Rico. Don’t know if he qualifies but he might.

Shit, I forgot about this. I need to call you when work calms down, Willy. What sort of information do you need on the vet? I don’t have a whole lot of that handy, but I could get it.

so let’s say I have a friend who was injured, and is now disabled due to events that had taken place in Iraq, would he potentially qualify?

Just wanted to clarify before I mention it to him.