Iraq war is over!!!

All troops home by end of the year!

“As promised, the rest of our troops in Iraq will come home by the end of the year. After nearly nine years, America’s war in Iraq will be over,” Obama told reporters.

http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2011/10/21/us/politics/politics-us-iraq-usa-obama.html?partner=rss&emc=rss

Glad to see that they are sticking to it. There was some estimated reports that they would push the date back.

Horray for Obama for doing something!

:tup:

Yay for sticking to the agreement that was signed before he was even in office.

But yeah, I’m glad we’re getting out of there.

Mission Accomplished!

“Our troops are finally coming home,” he said. The President said that, after a decade of war, “the nation that we need to build and the nation we will rebuild, is our own.

Jesus Christ, I’ve been saying this for years, probably since 03 or 04.

I’ll believe it when it happens…I really hope they stick to it! We have no further business over there (not that we did in the first place).

---------- Post added at 01:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 PM ----------

YES!!!

I guess he’s seeking re-election.

I wouldn’t have been surprised at all if we had just contiued on with “eh, not yet” for years. Shit, remember how many times in his campaign he promised to close gitmo?

So they are giving up searching for WMDs?

Terrorist have won.

Yeah, I’m just reminding people that Obama didn’t really do anything, other than choose to do nothing and let an agreement signed by the previous administration run it’s course. When you go over to msnbc and see the headline, “President announces full pullout of US forces from Iraq” it really makes it sound like this some new policy of his.

Fair enough.

Who gives a fuck how they word it or what administration it is. Friends, family and AMERICANS are leaving that god awful hell hole.

Idk bout you but I’m happy.

Best news I heard all decade…

The economy is so bad that even the military is unemployed now.

Finally, Obama is earning his Nobel Peace Prize!

Kadhafi-Dead, not via US Troops
Bin Laden- Dead, via US Special Forces
Most of al-qaida- Dead, via unmanned drones
Iraq- Soon to be unoccupied by our military

Funny part is foreign policy was Obama’s one suspect area coming into office and the one area where it’s pretty much universal that he’s kicking ass.

So is this the first country we’re ever going to pull completely out of? cough,germany,japan,southkorea…cough

Oh and inb4country goes to shit and another sadam is in power within the next 4 years.

So we’re just leaving paid contractors in there now? No official military but how many from our paid militia?

Unfortunately, that is the utter truth to this. Defense spending is a huge part of the budget and donations to politicians. They won’t just walk away and put people out of work. There will be a still a ton of contractors, which is already at the highest its ever been, making a shit load of money that will be doing all the work there.