Iraqi police discover Uday's cars

BAGHDAD—Car lovers in Iraq, tired of an endless parade of sand-colored Humvees, got a bit of a treat Monday when police discovered five fancy cars – each a tad dusty – once owned by a notorious son of former dictator Saddam Hussein.
Iraqi police officers stand guard next to the luxurious cars formerly owned by Saddam Hussein’s son Odai, at a police station in southern Baghdad’s Dora neighborhood, Iraq, Monday, July 7, 2008. The Iraqi police on Monday foiled an attempt to smuggle five luxurious cars that belonged to the late Iraqi strongman’s son, that were hidden in an orchard in Dora, out of the country
The cars, two Rolls Royces and several vintage classics, had been stolen from Odai Hussein’s palace during the looting after the U.S.-led invasion in 2003, police said. For years, the cars were buried beneath the dirt of an orchard in Baghdad’s Dora neighborhood.
A group planned to smuggle the cars out of the country and sell them, said a police officer, speaking on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to talk to the media.
Police learned of the plan after a tip-off, he said. They followed large trucks into the orchard to find the spot where the cars were buried and then arrested three people.
The cars, now in police possession, were shown to the media Monday. It was unclear what would become of them.
Odai Hussein and his younger brother, Qusai, were both killed in a gunbattle with U.S. forces in the northern Iraqi city of Mosul in 2003, a few months after the invasion of Iraq.
Saddam’s sons lived lavish lifestyles during their father’s time in power, notorious to Iraqis for their cruelty. Odai, in charge of Iraqi sports, was accused of punishing poor performances with torture or prison.
Despite that, many Iraqis now consider the two sons martyrs for fighting back against U.S. forces during the gunbattle that killed them.
Saddam himself was captured alive later that year. He was convicted and hanged in late 2006 for ordering the killings of more than 140 Shiite Muslims from the Iraqi city of Dujail

Never thought about looking for a dead guys car… but i bet it will be worth some $$ now.

Think their horns play dixie?

some dont even run… on cnn there was a 2min movie about it …

God I hate those ugly ass cars. Everytime I think about them I think of Liberace.

http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/00/18/ca/60/liberace-cars.jpg

is that a prowler?

lol… yep.

those are the worst.

Can’t buy taste. :shrug:

so wait…this guy basically had all the money he could ever have wanted…and he bought a plymouth prowler? my god…lol

yeah.

But the two Rolls Royce’s were nice. They are beat up now.

i dont think he paid for half them … on the report i read he would take cars if he liked them from the people

So HE was why they couldn’t have nice things.

yes… why he had one… no clue

maybe he was planning on putting nawz on it lol.

crazy iraqi street racing fools.

can someone PS me into a prowler, i want to see how good i would look.

Zimmers. Ugh.

i might be wrong on this and am not about to do research on it but I believe the white one is a 30 something merc or an old roys.Either way Id rock the shit out of it. the green looking thing seems to be a modern day repro or something custom./ Not too sure. As far as the prowler… well someone needs to push that off of a cliff.

LOL @ the Prowler

should have left them buried

lmao…

"Lonely? In need of companionship? Want people to fawn over you? Long for strangers to wave and give you the thumbs up sign? Want to feel good about who you are?

That’s right. Forget all those self-help books and videos, don’t worry about your waistline, ignore those fitness club ads, just buy a Prowler and you’ll not only be the life of the party, but the envy of everyone in your neighborhood. "

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-Trucks___2001-CHRYSLER-PROWLER-RARE-MULHOLLAND-EDITION_W0QQitemZ280242916849QQddnZCarsQ20Q26Q20TrucksQQddiZ2282QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item280242916849&_trksid=p3756.m14.l1308