Is anyone here a certified mechanic?

I need a favour… nothing illegal. I just need someone with credibility to lend their signature to some mechanical facts. If you can help me out, please let me know!

I know a guy who will sign on any paper you give him… or were you talking figuratively?

Haha no, I just need a mechanic to state that doing certain things can cause damage to particular parts of a motor

I am a licensed Industrial Maintenance Mechanic, will that do? heh… guess not.

my honest answer is most mechanics really don’t understand much about cars or engine theory, they know the nuts and bolts stuff, and basic rules and some experience with failures, but nothing on the order of what kind of boost you can support on a 9.5:1 comp motor or what kind of lsd is better for keeping traction in slight curves (racing) vs. sharp curves (like auto-x)

you need to find an enthusiast who is also a mechanic, not just a mechanic

He needs one for legal purposes… regardless of what they know or don’t know… the courts seems to look more favourably on a ‘lic.’ mechanic…

He’s right. Where i work there are plenty of licensed mechanics and they dont know everything about cars actually, sometimes they dont know what they are doing and need help from the un licenced guys as well. Hell i even sit down with them and teach them about tubo’s sr’s and rb’s.

^^^ realy ehh!! teaching them about rb’s and sr’s at CT , rinku ur funny, lolz

Just remember, a certified mechanic does not mean car nut nor does it imply all knowing car knowledge.

I realise that, however it does mean credibility in front of a Judge.

hmmm paul i might be able to help you out.depends if your willing to make a trip to the wonderland area.my dads friend worked for toyota befor in japan not sure how long though,and in 1989 he got a job at nissan here and still works there. he knows his sh*t so let me know. i will see if i can get a hold of him.

peter

Thanks Peter, I’ve got to get a few more things in order, and then I will give you a shout!