So how many licensed mechanics are there at MSSC?

Years of experience?
Number of bays?
Looking for an apprentice? :slight_smile:

Consider this is a freebie promo thread.

^ Consider this a Nutta looking for a job thread.

we have more bays than we have staff, give me a call lol

do you guys have a licensed technician?

this is a phenominum, performance improvment shops popping up that don’t have class A license’s on the wall

240 people are cheap, if you want a licence mechanic to work on your car expect to pay the prices. which Nobody on here will.

nutta, how many licenced mechanics work on your car at canadian tire?

how many licenced mechanics work at hole in the wall shops?

licenced mechanics dont teach you how to setup and tune standalones or build and tune race cars. experience and research does.

there are outside sources that can vouch for you that usually mean something. i.e. aem certified tuners like paul neethling etc

i would not let a Class A mechanic touch my car.

trust is more important than certification at the level some of us are on.

having someone that will stop and give you the honest goods; even and especially if it means “i’m sorry but this is too complicated for me”.

there is no Haynes manual to walk you through setting up 12 second SR20’s or RB’s and all the idiosyncracies that go along with them. experience is all that matters and doing 15 brake jobs on J-bodies every day does not an automotive technician make.

there is nothing intuitive about 90% of the work that goes through typical shops.

i think you guys are missing the point. it would be nice if someone at mssc had a license so people such as myself could work there yet still earn hours towards an apprenticeship. im not at all trying to say that mssc is any less of a shop because they dont have a licensed tech.

Nope, my young cousin. Im trying to help him out.

My car? lol

And when i did have my cars, they would be worked on by my friend and licensed mechanic.

ok, you guys are talking about tuners. I’m talking about just a regular mechanic.

The majority of people dont have SRs, and RBs, that need to be AEM tuned.

And of course i’d prefer a licensed mechanic who can also tune an SR or whatever.

no one cares what you prefer

haha had to

no one cares what you prefer

haha had to[/quote]Sorry, you have to speak up. I can’t hear you over all this douchebaggery.

We do have a class A mechanic that helps us out from time to time. We do pay him for what he does. But as we dont really do payroll he’s not officially on it.

All of the work we do, is specified in our invoice for off road purposes only. Thus there is no necessity for a full time class A mechanic.

As well a good point made earlier. Someone with 9000 hours of changing brake pads, oil jobs, and general maintenance doesn’t necessarily have the inovative troubleshooting, or fabrication skills required for what the performance industry demands.

And we’re not hiring. ^___^

I hear ya.

Wouldnt help my cousin anyways, since he needs to apprentice under a certified, licensed mechanic.

could a canadian tire mechanic put together a show winning skyline in one weekend?

speed shops do custom work, never specified for road use, and therefore need no class A mechanics.

Just like nothing is better than seat time for a drifter, nothing is better than wrench time for a tuner.

Keep in mind, i am not dissing you guys in anyway. Its always a dream for every carnut to run their own shop, and more power to you.

More wrench time is right.

A Canadian tire mechanic can’t even change brake pads on a Mitsu Lancer. Without forgetting to retract the piston, gluing the pad in place and ruining the piston seals causing the calipers to need a rebuild ofcourse. So yea… licenced don’t mean dick.

what did you guys do to the skyline?