Is it a good deal for a S13? please give some advise !!

Hi, recently my friend has a S13 up for sale, but I dun know if it worth to buy it or not, below are some info for the car, please give me some advise

-1993 240sx black coupe LE
-AT
-140k km
-mint grey leather interior
-working HUD
-front bumper need to be repaint
-left front fender little damage, nothing hit the chassic
-none rust can be find on the car
-seem never mod. before
-new rear tires, front around 50% left
-new battery
-right rear fender clear coat seem gone soon around 10" x 10" area
-cert and etest

$4800 does it worth to buy? please give me some advise please!!!
thanks

If you could post pics of the frame and the strut towers, perhaps we could get a more accurate picture, or check for yourself, theres a post somehwere in the technical/FAQ section about things to look for when buying an s13, i paid 4g safetied/etested and its mint, only 2 minor bubbles of rust near the windshield

A word of advice, unless you POSITIVELY want an automatic, you’ll probably hate it after no time and wished you had gotten a manual. Just a thought…

$4,800 asks for a pretty decent condition S13. Think about what it’ll cost you to fix the bumper and paint stuff to help decide if it’s worth it to you or not. If their condition even matters to you of course… :stuck_out_tongue: And if you buy, for sure bargain the price down if you can.

Sounds like it COULD be worth it. Have a mechanic look over it to confirm it being safety-passing-worthy.

The low-mileage is good too. Of course if you’re gonna swap an SR20 soon, then you might want to consider a higher-mileage KA to save some initial buying cost. IF you’re planning a swap, that is.

Detailed photos might help if you can get them.

Good luck.

$4800 is a ridiculous price for an S13 that’s ever been in an accident. I would consider paying $4800 for a MINT US S13, or a canadian one that has been fully stripped down and then rebuilt from the ground up (like the car awd_drift is selling).
I see it like this (if car is 100% stock):
3000 - Frame must be in good shape, only hatch can have rust
4000 - frame must be mint, only hatch can have rust
5000 - car must be essentially new in every way. Never winter driven, frame must be so clean you can EAT off it, no exterior rust anywhere, even the paint must be in good shape, interior has to be mint, should have less than 150K (that’s the only criteria the car you listed here meets)

subtract $1000 for auto from every one of those.
The only way I’d consider a 240SX that’s been in an accident:
1.) The owner is willing to take the car to a shop to get the car looked at and prove to me that the frame is not damaged or bent in any way.
2.) The car would have to be exceptionally priced.
3.) The car would have to be an S14 :lol:

Automatic cars resale higher.

As do coupes.

DO IT! coupes are nice and are hard to find. You can do a tranny swap like i did not the end of the world. I say if YOU want it get it.

Brock

take it to Nissan, pay $85 for a COMPLETE diagnostic, and they will tell you if its worth it or what hidden repairs are required.

I took my first S13 to Nissan for this and am very glad I did, its worth it, if the seller won’t agree, they’re hidding something…

KM’s seem strangly low, 140,000k over 12 years? where did it sit and for how long?

mine had the exact same amount of kms. its all in the driver.

Brock

very true… these days km’s have no bearing on the quality or condition of a car.

my ae86 had almost a 1/4 million km’s on it and was FLAWLESS
my 240 had almost 65,000 km less and was pretty rusty.
and my FC has almost 200,000 km on it and its in almost mint shape too…

its all in how the owners treated the car…

GT

I spent 3500 on my s13 and i mean the only thing on this car is it has

alittle bit of surface rust and the paint job was poorly done but since its

for a project car it was good deal :smiley:

Mine cost me $6200 but that was over 3 years ago but 0% rust

THX guys…I decided to wait til I found a MT, really dun want to go via the trouble of swap from AT to MT!! If anyone have one or know anyone selling a S13 please let me know asap…!!! Fastback also consider…!!
No Red or Gold Please!! thanks for your input again!!

if you plan on doing an engine swap, then AT -> MT is no big deal, but otherwise it may be bothersome…

Good for you man, I think this was a good call. You’ll find something you like more, keep looking.

Keep your eyes on the “Cars For Sale” section and autotrader.ca…

Good luck.