what is this car worth?

threads a dead horse

Depending on how clean it is, I wouldn’t pay more than 5000.

wth, why only 5000$. It seems if any car is an s13 automatically no matter how much is invested in it, its not worth the money. That’s such bullshit. S14s even are starting to lose their $$$ worth… Just because it’s an old car doesn’t mean it’s not worth more. I mean if one even thinks about it, the cost of the car itself, the maintenance, the upgrades, the man hours… Unless the chassis itself is rotten, then AT LEAST the components invested would be still worth buying and selling after scrapping the ruined chassis.

For instance, I spent 800$ on my car first, it had ALOT to be done to it to be even safe on the road… BUT… the one thing that I got was a rust-free frame, mint. Ten thousand+ dollars later, I have a new upgraded suspension, all new polyurethane bushings, upgraded brakes, all over regular maintenance, new rims and tires, a shit load of parts that are two pages worth, all fresh… and… a what? A rust free frame. Yes no SR swap, still the crappy ol’ ka waiting until it dies or until I decide to swap, but what I have that many others don’t is a rust free frame.

A mint S13 is hard to come by… but they should not be underpriced assholerilly.

I don’t plan to sell the car, and have plans for it instead. I considered parting it out and selling it for an S2000 or more likely actually an FD RX7… but nope, I’m sticking to it it and will build up the chassis, etc… why bother even trying to sell the car if some assholes are going to ask a penny for the big bux spent on it.

Show some s13 love people, I mean these are our cars. Can you believe these cars are almost 20 years old now? A car of such age, that is restored and/or kept that well should be worth something more than a miserly 5000$.

For a 5000$ you can buy a shitty Honda too and it’ll be ROTTEN… yet even if it has a gigantic rust hole, it’ll still somehow remain at that 5000$ price… totally ridiculous and unfair, appreciation value my ass. Our cars should be kept up high in price and maintained as such as they are cars worth more than the money people offer or ask for them.

People thought the prices of our cars would go up after the lame release of Tokyo drift, to my surprise the prices went down drastically… which even means more tokyo dorifto experts wanting to buy our cars.

That guy asking 9.5k is a steal, if one considers the amount of man hours spent + parts. The SR alone can go for 2000~.

haha you know what’s funny? While I was reading it, I said that to myself.

I wouldn’t pay more than $5000 too.

He put in so many little thing’s that are not really considered a “mod” in my opinion. It’s like saying:

New radiator hoses
Replaced fuel lines in the engine bay.
New valve cover

etc.

Ahmed, there are tons of S13s that have a very similar setup to the one listed. That is what you get when you modify a car. Mods don’t bring up the value, they bring it down if anything. An s13 that’s fully stock with no rust that has 170,000km is worth more than that in my eyes. Call me blind.

I thinK $7000 is a stretch…

I mean listing stock size brake pads as an upgrade, come on, I spent $20 extra to get premium pads… ohh

THe Chassis upgrades could all be had (except D2’s) from a 91 + parts car, I’ve purchased 2 of these for less than $500

yeah this cars out of the question.

if i make any tardes it will prolly be a coupe this time. had too mnay hatch’s

this guy keep telling me how his car is worth so much and mines worth nothing. what a douche.

its anooying even seeing that he is about to type something. anywho, lock this up.

later gents

You, my friend, need to wake up and smell the roses.

Just have a look on the trader, and you will see that for the 10k this guy is asking you can get cars that are/have:

• better performance
  • better aesthetics
  • better gas mileage
  • better mileage
  • no rust, 0
  • etc.

You need to realize that the 240 is NOT a fucking Ferrari, and they will not hold their value because they are un-reliable rust-buckets. Cars are cheap these days, and in order to compete with that guy selling his 2002 Saab 95Aero for the same price as your 89 240, you will have to lower your price significantly. Understand?

For example, I will soon be selling my 97 Subaru Legacy LSI for $4-5000, the same price that sorry 240 should be. And even though the Subaru is auto, I am sure I can out-handle that 240 on a twisty road with my stock car.

But what do I know, I couldn’t sell my car for 10k…

[IBendrant/]

Well those who believe in inflation economics and value life like so, are fools. The economy will crash soon enough as it is here. There is no real value on anything, just empty figures. The value of something is judged by inflation as opposed to real value. How a house thats a piece of shit built like out of stick matches and wood as opposed to concrete, cement, steel and bricks as in the rest of the world, can cost 300,000k+ and gain value all the time for nothing is also beyond logic. Inflation nothing else.

When you invest in a car on the other hand and upgrade it, repair it, whatever, it somehow manages to LOOSE value. Again wonderful logic.

And by the way mark, replacing hoses, fuel lines, whatever, is something rather nice and not a fake mod. How about some leaking rusted fuel lines, will that make your day when you blow up from some kind of spark by chance?

The economy is driven by bullshit and it will crash. In the end, this kind of thinking wont benefit anyone. Why a new car has to cost nearly as much as a house is also bullshit.

How a car that cost 60k can drop to under 50k and less in a year or two even if it gained little to no mileage is also bullshit too. Just wake up to the reality and how there is no realistic value and you are actually creating a flop in the value of everything realistically speaking. Competition my ass.

In other words, as this economy is (and it will flop), there is no realistic value of value. It doesnt even follow logic.

Oh well, more cars for me to buy at cheaper prices. Essentially youre undermining whatever we own, whatever we buy, whatever we build, and losing money all the time. And who gains? Only corporations and government.

Get a K Swaped civic, nice ones sell for 17 grand.

that is Cahill’s car

cars in ottawa

ide rther find something stock and build itr the way want it

so needless to say, no dice

Man, you guys are fucked. This is why I don’t want to deal with these cars anymore. They’re awesome, fun platforms and you can make them into serious machines with some hard work and ingenuity. But the owners are FUCKTARDS. 5000 for a swapped 240 with coils and some aero? Are you cheap sons of bitches out of your mind? Do you realize that you cannot get an FD roller for less than 6500 USD? I can outwalk an FD roller, it has no motor, shouldn’t it be free? Shit, I can outhandle it walking too, since it can’t move. I’m gonna use that argument, and they better let me have that car for the price of my Nikes.
Cars are priced by demand and perceived worth. If you’re too cheap to pay, then you don’t get to play. It’s that simple.

how can you compare a 240sx, which is flooded in the market, to an fd, where your lucky to see a handful a year?

i think cahilles price was too high, so im not buying it, simple

he thinks the price of my 180sx was too high, simple

we both move on

Just stop posting.

Ya, 240 people are cheap as fuck, ballin on a budget = son.

Did you want a kleenex as well?

You need to stop posting as well.

They’re definitely a lot more rare than a 240, but you can’t say our cars flooded in the market.
This community of rabid cheapasses is what is lowering the value of our cars. When people won’t pay more than 150 bucks for a motorset, you KNOW you are part of a community that has driven prices down to an unrealistic point. Meanwhile you have people asking for 6800 for a bone stock POS AE86.

dude our cars are flooded in the market. 90% have flood damage in the form of ROTTEN chassis.

Andrew.

hahahha +1.

Btw ahmed, it’s simple, Supply and Demand. If he had the ONLY SR20DET swapped 240 around this area, it would be worth a lot more.

Also, look at the kind of people who want to buy 240s… they are all usually young kids who work at dominion or gino’s pizza. They don’t have that kind of money to spend $10,000 on a car. And if you want to sell your car, you’re going to have to take that hit, or you can part it out.