Is it illegal

HYPOTHETICAL:
IF I’m driving down X road, and someone is tailgating the shit out of me, I give them a brake check and he proceeds to follow me to my house, I pull into my garage, grab my .22 and point it at him when he gets out of his truck to come after me and tell him “to get the fuck off my property”.

Is this considered illegal on my part to threaten him?
What if I shot him in the knee, as he was coming at me (probably to attack me) is this self defense, or, assault with a deadly weapon?

Yes

:io:

Yes its a threat.

I know its not attempted murder if you should below the waist so don’t aim high.

I guess If you felt you were physically threatened your act was justified, but I guess its something that is up to the judge.

:io:

This is NY…Not Texas…

This is going to get interesting…

first i would have brake checked him but he would have hit me b/c i would have came to a stop… then i would have beat the shit out of him if he came at me

doh.

Oooo I think point it at him also, shows your intent to shoot… you were better off just holding it. Then its not a threat.

…and with your series of run-ins with the law, i’m sure the judge wouldnt be in your favor…so…yeah

probably fair game in texas.

pretty sure the person has to be inside the house. being that it is called the castle law.

NOPE= On your property
Edit: unless what ^ holds true , and you legally have the gun of course

Keep thinking that sweety. 2) its his parents property, he has no grounds to protect it. only protect himself.

You can’t shoot an unarmed person who is attacking you…again this is NY not Texas…

With your record, I dont think any thing you do will be seen as legal.

was it a cop tailing you?

yup

That is bullshit.

if this happened, the guy went out of his way to follow me, it as dusk, i had NO idea if he had a weapon and he got out of his truck and approached me. I’d much rather have to explain to the cop why his knee cap is busted open rather than have my throat slit.

Can someone who actually knows what they are talking about chime in?