Is it me or...

do most people who take orders at take out restaurants have poor listening skills or is it that they are programmed in their phone speech?

I order ALOT of take out food…I havent cooked in probably 6 years…and I always preface my order by saying “I would like an order for delivery/pickup” They say sure or what can I get ya? I state my order and then they ask ALWAYS…Pickup or Delivery? and I am blown away by the volume at which this seems to occus at all different places.

Maybe I am being picky but 2x today has me wondering.

Meh. I find that 90% of the people who work these jobs don’t really care about anything.

As of recent, I have found everything I order from anywhere (BK, McDonalds, Sonic etc etc) is wrong. Always.

i work at a takeout joint and i do that all the time, someone will call us and say pickup/delivery right away but by the time they are done i always say did u want pickup or delivery its just habit and what we are taught to say and are trying to be safe cuz we get in trouble if we screw it up

most of the time im like “did u want pickup or delivery, you said delivery ok” i answer my own question usually

me midgex and 92slowcivic all work at the same place and we will tell you that everyone who calls in is retarded we deal with alot of shit trust me no one fucking knows what they want and shit

PSA- know what the fuck you want before you call plz people and dont read us the menu we know the menu

ha i guess both parties are fed up, i know me and the other 2 previously mentioned do a good job but there are alot of retards who dont know how to take a phone call so i know where you are coming from

and oh yeah im not calling anyone out but as me 92slowcivic and midgex will tell you people suck at tipping, we get minimum wage and get to keep tips, so just like a waiter at a restaurant we depend on tips or else the job would suck ass

just do me a favor and think about this for a second you tip a waiter normally 2x the tax, when all they do is take your order, and bring you the food and the bill, as delivery boys we take your order, make your food, pack it up, and deliver to your damn house in our own car, we do way more than any waiter

so next time you get food delivered please think how much effort we are putting into this so you can sit on your ass and tip accordingly

seriously we get alot of shit tips

im not blaming anyone so dont get all pissy if you tip well thank you