Is it possible to Block a website on a comp?

14 is the minimum age
18 is the minimum age you can search for
14-17 year olds HAVE to put their corect age

anyone under 14 OR anyone under 18 AND misreporting their age can be reported to myspace and get their profile deleated

anytime you find someone thats to young or lieing about their age, click on help and search for “underage” and use the form to report them

Sounds to me like she needs a good whoopin’. I know if my parents ever said “no” to something, that was the end of it. If I was stupid enough to press the issue, game over. :meh:

Any firewall software should hae a section to block webpages, or you can simply add myspace.com to the IE list to block cookies. If you block the cookies to myspace, you will never be able to log on and use the site.

In IE, go to Tools -> Internet Options -> Privacy -> Add the url to the list. Problem solved.

Also under the content tab in browser settings, you can tell it to block myspace.com. And put a password restricting the page. If you are using IE that is.

My 15 year old daughter has a myspace page. She doesn’t know that I have found it. I check it daily. If I detect anything wrong on that page, I will talk to her. She has been taught to be responsible on the internet. It all starts with the parents and the child or in this case, the older brother. Try talking to her and tell her your concerns. You take it away from her and she will just rebel. Be smart about it.

:tup: to this.

DrImodium,
You block it at home, but she will just use it at a friend’s house. :shrug: Myspace is a drug to some people and they will get to it no matter what you do.

My sis has her page set up so that you can only view it if you are her “friend”. You have to PM her and ask her to be your friend and then she needs to agree. If she doesnt agree, then you cant see her page. I have tried to talk to her about it but she tells me to mind my own buisness :gotme:

Sound advice :tup:

Hope this helps:

Instructions for Deleting a MySpace Account

To delete an account on MySpace:

First login as the user with the email address & password. If you don’t know your child’s password, you can retrieve it by clicking the “Forgot Password?” link on the login box of MySpace.com. The password will be sent to the email address used to login to MySpace.

Once you’ve logged in, click “Account Settings.”

Next, click “Cancel Account” (the link is near the top of the account settings page).

You will now see the Cancel Confirmation Page.

Click the Red button “Cancel My Account”.

You will be asked to enter a reason for canceling MySpace. You may skip this if you wish.

Click “Cancel My Account” A cancel email will be sent to the email address of the user. In the email there will be a link to confirm the cancellation of the account.

Note: allow up to 24 hours for delivery of the email. If it doesn’t arrive, check your SPAM/BULK mail folder. It may have been incorrectly routed to protect you from receiving junk mail.

For any questions, contact customer support.

:word: I was just going to post that.

Netnanny for the win… just helped my dad install on the younger siblings new computer.

I’ll try to hook you up if needed.

u could always block it in the hosts filed on ur pc.

:tup: on reading the first page

The only real good advice in this thread :tup:

It all starts with parenting. Good parents almost always have responsible children.