IS IT WORTH IT??!

Hey guys/girls, this is probably in the wrong section, but…

Is it worth buying a S13 240sx with a SR20DET swap already done? What should i look for? price? ive seen some low priced ones, i think ill stay away from those

well, IMO the only reason it would be worth it is if the car is an awsome awsome price, or you dont have a lot of technical knowhow.

the big thing that alot of the guys like here is doing most of, if not all the work on the car yourself.

if you buy a 240 for say, 4-5 grand, and pick up an sr complete for about 3500, you’ve likely got a cheaper combo than buying an already sr’d car.

the questions is, is it worth it to you?

As long as the swap was done properly, grabbing someones SR dreams that they’ve spent too much money on, ran into debt, need to get out fast is always worth it. Hit them with a TSR low ball, if they’re selling half completted projects chances are they’ll eventually cave and take it.

Just make sure you know what you’re getting yourself into.

It is indeed worth it. I got into a car accident with my first 240, which I had plans of doing the SR swap to. I then posted around and found another 240 with the swap already done to it, for an awesome price.

If you get one for cheap, chances are you’ll have to put some money and effort into it to get it where you want it to be.

Assuming you’ve done the research, by all means, buy it swapped!

Check compression, ask for the SR’s mileage/mods etc, and KNOW the car in & out before you buy it. Look for a clean install.

Not that I have any experience… :oops:

there is still a lot of shit to consider after you buy the $3500 motor - especially if the install is done by a shop…thats at the least another 1500 and another 1000 for a vspl, etc etc…

so buying a car that already has all of that (and maybe more) for say $8000 (average s13 w sr selling price) you are getting a good deal without many of the headaches.

if i could do it all again…id buy one with an sr…but where’s the fun in that? :roll: