is she worth it?

ive had some experience with this…

my fiance is an attractive girl with red hair, so you could see where this goes… you walk into a bar, and drunk dudes love to ask the obligatory “does the carpet match the drapes” question.

this tends to make her uncomfortable, and justifiably so. she has a ring on her finger, and most guys with the perceptive capabilities of a 3rd grader can notice that. more often than not, i turn it around by making some kind of witty/joking/friendly remark back to them, in which i include the fact that she is my fiance.

with that being said, i understand your sentiments, because i hate it when people show outward disrespect towards her, and indirect disrespect towards me (as its obvious i am with her). i cant tell you that the thought of really letting it rip on one of these guys hasnt crossed my mind, but i make a conscious choice to make people laugh and diffuse the situation.

if things really did get that bad, i would immediately leave the bar or restaurant. frankly, its not worth getting into an altercation with people that will do nothing but attempt to drag you and your girl down to their scumbag level.

i do understand your emotions, but get them under control. you will respect yourself more for taking charge of the situation and handling it in a positive way.

This happens all the time with my gf, and it’s just not worth it to start shit. She’s not an attention whore, and she knows when a guy is being scumbag, so if your gf is anything like mine, you guys will just ignore them.

[quote=“eclipsed,post:41,topic:36878"”]

my fiance is an attractive girl with red hair, so you could see where this goes… you walk into a bar, and drunk dudes love to ask the obligatory “does the carpet match the drapes” question.

this tends to make her uncomfortable, and justifiably so. she has a ring on her finger, and most guys with the perceptive capabilities of a 3rd grader can notice that. more often than not, i turn it around by making some kind of witty/joking/friendly remark back to them, in which i include the fact that she is my fiance.

with that being said, i understand your sentiments, because i hate it when people show outward disrespect towards her, and indirect disrespect towards me (as its obvious i am with her). i cant tell you that the thought of really letting it rip on one of these guys hasnt crossed my mind, but i make a conscious choice to make people laugh and diffuse the situation.

if things really did get that bad, i would immediately leave the bar or restaurant. frankly, its not worth getting into an altercation with people that will do nothing but attempt to drag you and your girl down to their scumbag level.

i do understand your emotions, but get them under control. you will respect yourself more for taking charge of the situation and handling it in a positive way.

[/quote]

[quote=“eclipsed,post:41,topic:36878"”]

[/quote]

:word:

So do they match? :smiley:

[quote=“BikerFry,post:44,topic:36878"”]

:word:

So do they match? :smiley:

[/quote]

Yes and its glorious. :hitit::funny:

I was going to say something about preferring hardwood to carpeting, but that doesn’t really convey the innuendo I wanted it to.

[quote=“Willybeen,post:29,topic:36878"”]

1/3 of your paycheck that sucks… lol… nice story… and you married her :tup:

bikerfry shows nyspeed how its done once again… yet still doesnt have a bike… i think you should just be Fry from now on…

[/quote]

James does well, no doubt. Well played, sir, once again.

PraxairFry… or JFry… TheFry… but bikerfry… tiff… get a bike before summer…hmmm maybe a custom title will ensue… hmmm

[quote=“91MR2,post:47,topic:36878"”]

James does well, no doubt. Well played, sir, once again.

[/quote]

Haha yeah but I do a good job of diluting good stuff with nonsense. If I posted less I’d probably seem marginally intelligent. :lolham:

Put in name change request to just “Fry.” I haven’t been a biker in years, well except for when I put on my leather chaps. :snky:

[quote=“sedlmeier101"”]

SNIP

[/quote]

happens to me all the time, just roll with it, normally it bugs me but just be happy shes with you and let the dbags keep trying, soimetimes its more fun watching them fail then getting pissed

bottom line, who’s hitting it? oh right, you are so fuck them, they arent worth the time

reason I left buffalo…

If your girl is going to entertain toolbags hitting on her, she’s not worth it.

If shes with you, she’ll just want to leave the bar and go somewhere else.

Most places on chippewa are dumb as shit anyways…

worth it.fight people.

grow up

and fucking leave the location

before you get assault charges

and last i checked, only the girl i intend to marry & wants to have my kids is worth that shit.

^ word and .45ACP works nicely

[quote=“sedlmeier101,post:3,topic:36878"”]

I’m not the jealous type… I think it’s funny when guys hit on her and I’m with her, it’s almost complementing me

[/quote]

Yes you are the jealous type. Because if it didn’t bother you, then you would have ignored the guys staring at your GF and nothing would have happened :shrug:

i agree but disagree… i have gotten into a scuffle and it truly had nothing to do with the girl who was present… more or less of the guestures from the asshole who started with me. regardless. i didnt want to look like I couldnt handle myself and I was in an angry mood from the get go that night. outcome wasnt that serious… but it had NOTHING to do with the girl. Disclaimer. alcohol was involved too. o well… fighting was so last year… or whenever i drink to much, not that I ever fight. im a pussy

[quote=“JustinH,post:52,topic:36878"”]

If your girl is going to entertain toolbags hitting on her, she’s not worth it.

If shes with you, she’ll just want to leave the bar and go somewhere else.

Most places on chippewa are dumb as shit anyways…

[/quote]

I’m with this, but I dont think its necessary to leave a bar, unless the majority of the bar is douchebags.

Chatting is fine of course, but blatant advances, nah.

Meh, I think you guys that are responding are just reading my first post, read all of them and then respond.
the fight did not stem from them staring…but insted, from them making threats

I wasn’t replying as much to your situation, but in general.

With that said, there are certain bars that are fine when you’re with the guys, but I wouldnt take a girl to them.