is this a scam?

i just got a credit card in the mail saying i got approved for $6,500. all i have to do is call and activate it? what does everyone think of this, is it a scam? its a CCS First National Card

I get like 30 of these a month. Chances are its not a scam, but chances are its a shitty credit card. Disregard and apply for a real credit card if you absolutely need one.

Uhh…it’s a credit card. That’s sorta how they work.

if it is an actual card and you didnt ask for it, cut that shit up. If it is a fake one that looks real cut that shit up. I would never use a credit card unless i was the one who asked for it and agreed to the terms before it was sent to me.

Please dont start accepting every credit offer that comes in the mail.

Most likely not a scam, just a direct marketing campaign.

When you call to “activate” it, they will put you through a quick credit check to determine how much of a limit you can float, and voila - you have more unsecured potential debt.

it looks real, and has my name and shit on it. i didnt apply for this or anything.

im pretty sure you can only order shit out of a catalog that they provide for you. Anyways i wouldt do it.

yeah get rid of it if you didn’t ask for it. most likely it will jack up the apr a million percent the second you are a close to missing your payment.

oh no im not doing it i was just like wtf is this when i saw it

edit… a little googling:

http://www.consumer.state.ny.us/pressreleases/2006/may302006.htm

You didn’t mention if it was matercard/visa/amex/discover… therefore i suspected catalog card. Which, it is.

BS credit… but not technically a scam.

yeah its not a mastercard/visa or anything like that, thanks for the info

999 times out of 1000, if you have to ask if something is a scam, it is a scam.

just mail them to me and I’ll put them into my “Incase of Emergeny” slot thats in my wallet!

My aunt used to get checks for like $50,000 that she would just have to sign and cash!

Really makes ya worry though, what if some crackhead got this by stealing it from your mailbox? Pretty much gold just waiting to be claimed

call the number to put ur name on the list were they don’t send you any offers for 5 years. It should be at the bottom in small print of each offer.

Credit cards are dumb, most can’t comprhen emergency only. If people just made enough money in the first place, people wouldn’t get into debt.

It’s really stupid too. The more you use credit cards or loans and waste 1000s in interest the more your given. But if you just pay cash for stuff then you don’t get credit, haha makes alot of sense. Good thing I wont have to worry about charging crap.