Is this even Legal?

So i have been working at this job that i hated for the last month. Decided that it was time to move on, and got another job. I was responsible and finished out the pay period and got my last paycheck deposited. i double checked with bank of america that they could have no recourses on my bank account being direct deposit and all. They assured me that once it is deposited it could not be reversed…well i check my account today and those mutherfuckers reversed the deposit. Now my account is in the negative and i feel violated.Called the general manager about this at my former work and he assured that i will get back what is owed to me…needless to say i am worried that im gonna get fucked. I have already thought of calling the attorney general, local news, and the state labor board if i dont get any justice. any other ideas or courses of action i can take ?:banghead:

you need to cancel your employers access privileges to your account before you quit. That thing you sign to get direct deposit always allows them to make ‘corrections’.

report them to the labor board and attorney general asap

why would they reverse the deposit? even if it’s direct deposit the company have to pay 25 or 40 to stop the payment, it’s like stoping a check.

so my question is, what did you do for them to stop the pay? do you think they did it because you didn’t give them a 2 week notice? or what? i don’t know, i think you knew they would do that since you checked with the bank…if it was me i would not have doubt about MY employer to reverse the deposit…
sorry to be soo negative, but i was just wondering…

AZ is a right to work state, state law says that you have the right to terminate your employment WITH OR WITHOUT any notice for any reason. that does not give them the right to take the money that is owed to you back!

[quote=“accordtl99,post:4,topic:33468"”]

why would they reverse the deposit? even if it’s direct deposit the company have to pay 25 or 40 to stop the payment, it’s like stoping a check.

so my question is, what did you do for them to stop the pay? do you think they did it because you didn’t give them a 2 week notice? or what? i don’t know, i think you knew they would do that since you checked with the bank…if it was me i would not have doubt about MY employer to reverse the deposit…
sorry to be soo negative, but i was just wondering…

[/quote]

Agreed. It sounds like you knew all about it. Did you leave on bad terms or something?

Hopefully they fix it fast.

they might have reversed it, and will send you a check. i would call, they have i believe 8 days afer your last day of empoyment to send you a check. also di you have vaca. time used up that was not aquired for yet for hours worked? happend to me with m&t bank when i left, get my last pay check, and i look into my account and it was only for a fith of what it should have been. they made me take my 2 weeks vacation at a time, so i took it and interviewed down in atlanta in april, got new job get last check and they took out a weeks pay for non aquired time! boy does there HR hate me!

[quote=“dubbin91,post:7,topic:33468"”]

they might have reversed it, and will send you a check. i would call, they have i believe 8 days afer your last day of empoyment to send you a check. also di you have vaca. time used up that was not aquired for yet for hours worked? happend to me with m&t bank when i left, get my last pay check, and i look into my account and it was only for a fith of what it should have been. they made me take my 2 weeks vacation at a time, so i took it and interviewed down in atlanta in april, got new job get last check and they took out a weeks pay for non aquired time! boy does there HR hate me!

[/quote]

no they have 72 hrs