is this normal?

so im selling an srt 4 as most of you know by now. well a kid called me cause he was interested! so we are talking price i name mine he names his then we met in the middle… so it sounds like hes gonna buy it off me for that price. then he asks me if im gonna pay the taxes and title fee:bloated:. now i dont sell cars all that much but i dont think i have ever heard of a sale where the seller pays the taxes and title fee for the buyer… if i was gonna give money away like that i would just lower the price… is this weird?

No, definitely not normal. I have never heard of a seller having to pay tax and tags.

I’ve never heard of a private seller paying taxes & fees on an auto…

a house, maybe.

:neonbuyer: ?

sounds like a way for him to get more out of you, never heard of it

i’ve never heard of that either. anytime i’ve ever seen an auto change hands, buyer paid taxes and title fees (if there were any).

i think he either doesn’t know what he’s doing, or is trying to screw you.

yea well he started with a low ball and i was like i cant go that low with all thats done to the car… and hes like well in my opinion the more you do to a car the less its worth… not if its done right… dont think hes gonna buy it, so still for sale lol

doubt it

especially private buyer…

he will pay the taxes when he goes to register the thing

YOU DON’T have to pay taxes… You already did when you registered the vehicle at the dmv. Thats his problem.
He’s trying to play you.

silly tactic by him. so i guess fully built Fbods running 10s are worth less than stock Fbods, everything else staying the same?

tell him in your opinion he is wrong…

there are other teenagers out there who will buy the car… just skip this loser

chances are if he is asking for that he probably doesn’t have the finances to pay for it/secure a loan anyways