IS250 AWD... any of you guys have one?

I just wish they had more HP but kept the same mpg :slight_smile:

anyway, impressions?

yes… i drive one frequently… but coming from a 99 malibu, i can ONLY say good things about the lexus… air conditioned, and heated seats, nav, back up camera, handles well, very comfy, leather is very nice, but yea… i wish you could buy it in 6 spd and with about 100 more hp…

Keyless entry and ignition is SO nice when you dont want to dig through your pockets for keys, it has a built in AUX port, and a lots of little amenities that I have become quite fond of… Built in Bluetooth is nice to if your on your phone a lot when you drive

too bad the 350 isnt AWD… :frowning:

Slow but great car. Quiet, smooth, comfy, decent gas mileage.

more hp? same mpg?

n20

of courseeeeeee

I took a new job that is 50 miles each way so my STI is costing me an arm and a leg in gas and having to fill up pratically every-other day is annoying. I figure the IS250 would be a nice cruiser :slight_smile:

what year sti? mods… do stis get horrible gas mileage? i thought it was like 25?.. figure 100 miles 20 mpg… 5 gallons of gas a day… max… small tank?

i love everything about the 250 except the lack of power…

Buy that new $35K dollar car to say a few mpg’s, sounds like a smart financial move too me.

I love the looks. I’ve thought about picking up a 350 many times.

I think I’d go with a 325/28ix. They are pretty saucy.

'06 with downpipe/exhaust, Accessport w/ protune. I get about 270 miles per tank, so if I’m doing 100 miles per day just for work (not including any errands I want to run), that’s less than 3 days worth of gas.

I’m not going for the IS250 just for the gas saving, I have a slight feeling(even though I haven’t test drove one) that the ride is a little more cozy in the IS. According to http://www.edmunds.com/used/2007/lexus/is250/100778049/specs.html

I will be able to get between 370 to 470ish miles per tank which means I won’t have to fill up as often. Like I said, the filling up gets annoying.

so put a fuel cell in your trunk…

I have to agree, You could buy plenty of gas for what it will probably cost you to upgrade from the sti…but if your sick of the sti and this is more of a preference change than fine, I wouldnt do it for an economic reasons/gas mileage.

Jeller

like I said, I believe the IS250 would better for cruising.

I love the new IS250/350.

bmw 328i for like $35K loaded… if you’re doing a lot of distance driving then you don’t want AWD.

That’s so true. You’re not really not saving much in the short term. Plus insurance on the is250 is most likely just as much as the sti.
Keep the sti maybe modified your gearing that will give you a more fuel eco.

Theres always the IS F if the 250 isn’t fast enough…
http://www.lexus.com/isf/

Yeah, but I think any MPG advantage is out the window then.

I like the IS line quite a bit. In fact, I was looking at a 350 a while ago.