Issues

My blower motor went in my regal, any of you mechanics know if a 2000 motor will work in my 97?, ithey look the same but i want to make sure the bolt pattern is the same, and the alldata i have doesnt show it.

Thanks

I think it will work. I was going to put a 97 blower in my 2000 GTP and I was told that would work, so I believe it would go the other way too. I know there is an extra plug on the 97’s though.

ok cool thanks, stupid POS, gunna take a contortionist (sp) to get this thng out.

SOOOOO gravy to swap that motor

good u wanna do it then?

lol

no prob … i even have some extra space at the BDR garage

i just gotta find out if a 2000 will work, im thinking it will

gravy swao that motor through me off i hope u ment ac
the part numbers r the same btw for that

huh?, im talking about the AC motor, not my actual motor.

lol

look up

lol u edited it b4 i saw it

but more importantly its the same part and i know a fat white kid for hire that will do it cheap(yea iam fat and white)

lol hey me too!!!

its really easy. Just pull the carpet back under the pass footwell/dash. 4 8mm screws and the conector. Se if you getting any water on the pass floor, or the capet up there.
Your buick should have a cabin airfilter in the cowl, under the wipers. Olds/chevy/pontiacs 97-02 Wbodys don’t but have installed form GM, But the firewall has the opening to fit them. What happends is there a push-on section of weather stripping with a lip that channles the water that goes down the cowl vents. Its a dip rail that drains the water into the fender, and drians thu the lower fender drian. The weatehr stripping has like metal staples molding in that keep have the presser to keep the weatehr stripping piece on above the cabin filter. They rust, and get shitty and fall off. So you get water right in the blower motor.
Stop the wipers in a up spot, take the few scews and push pins holding the plastic cowl cover off, and pull it back. And you can look in there. If the filter gets wet for a while it will start to grow mold and shit, and the vent air will be all musty. So getting a new cabin air filter is a plus. You can also get a upgraded charcole airfiter, that stops more odders and alleric pollen, and spores and shit.

edit ya ther all the same. porbally the same on S10’s,GAs,cavis, 80% of GM fleet 97+. Also if you geta reman/aftermarket junk one, somtimes that come wirth a smaller squirl wheel, and they don;t fit the Wbodies, (or whatever GM) and you lose vent pushing power. So take your off, when you return it as a core with no wheel. And see of it is, I htink they do that so the reman are more univerals. But they don;t move the air.

thanks man, and yeah thats what happined, water from that shitty cabin filter design, i cought it too late, lol inch of water on my pass side.

ya,
I forgot you can go getto and 3m super waetherstripping anhisive it back on, But the metal is rusted out inside, going that witha new peiece is alot better.
dry out you carpet, before it gets moldy and smells.

probally a writeup on regalGS.org I think clubGP just made it a stickey, but thre some good writeups on it there.