It's Official! Outdoor Karting at CVMP 8/21/2010

Me too homie…

Here’s my feedback of what I saw out there though:

Singh vs. Wayne in heat 2.

Wayne had more speed coming out of downhill left hander and the 90 degree right following that. Not sure about esses as it was a bit far away. Singh seemed to make up distance again going uphill and in esses. I think Singh had a good line in the esses since he barely moved the nose of the kart once committed (unless there was someone in the way). Uphill straight kart speed and weight were more of factors there.

Vlad vs. Zach in heat 2.

First few laps where I was in 3rd, with Vlad 2nd and Zach at 1st, I noticed that Zach was not putting much distance on Vlad, who was at first (maybe?) trying to catch him but not closing in. Both Zach and Vlad braked very late for the hairpin, maybe too late as rear tires would be locking up and sliding- at least from the few laps I saw up close. Good line through the downhill left but Zach seemed he was using more of the track than Vlad, who seemed to be slowing down less by either brake or letting go of gas but was scrubbing off speed because he was sliding instead. On the 90 deg right both guys were taking it about the same.