It's Official! Outdoor Karting at CVMP 8/21/2010

I agree, the blue cart with the nose falling off was a favorite. It handled pretty well once the tires got some heat in them. A few other karts were faster, but had shit for handling.

I’d love to see some timing shit. Towards the end it felt like i found “my line” and got progressively better every lap. However we all know SOTP can be deceiving. I’d love to be able to guage how I was doing.

Yeah thats what I was saying too. each kart was polar opposits of eachother. The biggest thing I hated was the brakes. First one I took was great. Second I spun out 2 times and was on glass the entire time… brakes had ZERO feel to them, off or locked thats it. One kart with black plastics and green chassis had a nice 2 piston mastercyclinder with a pivot thing kind of like a high and low pressure 2 stage pedal feel. that one was MINT, I had a hard time locking it up, but you could dive on them and now skid or trail brake it to keep the revs and the power up.

That last one I had was the best one out of the bunch I was in, by far. Man if I had my own kart, even a bomber one like the rentals, and i tuned it myself and scaled it for weight transfer I could shave a ton of time off my laps.

And like he said about the seat position, I was leaning forward and back at different sections on the track. I would be pined into the seat back when I dove on the brakes and on the exists of the turns, then when I wanted to turn in, I sat forwards to weight the front and swing the ass around, then on the exit and back on the gas I leaned back in the seat and hunkered down to get he weigh back and low. Same shit as i do on an MX bike on the track.

fuck the kart i was in for the last race…understeered like a bitch and was a chore to lug around the track and keep mike off my ass

they seriously do take skill to find what the flaw in each kart is, try to deal with it and stay consistant

Me too homie…

Here’s my feedback of what I saw out there though:

Singh vs. Wayne in heat 2.

Wayne had more speed coming out of downhill left hander and the 90 degree right following that. Not sure about esses as it was a bit far away. Singh seemed to make up distance again going uphill and in esses. I think Singh had a good line in the esses since he barely moved the nose of the kart once committed (unless there was someone in the way). Uphill straight kart speed and weight were more of factors there.

Vlad vs. Zach in heat 2.

First few laps where I was in 3rd, with Vlad 2nd and Zach at 1st, I noticed that Zach was not putting much distance on Vlad, who was at first (maybe?) trying to catch him but not closing in. Both Zach and Vlad braked very late for the hairpin, maybe too late as rear tires would be locking up and sliding- at least from the few laps I saw up close. Good line through the downhill left but Zach seemed he was using more of the track than Vlad, who seemed to be slowing down less by either brake or letting go of gas but was scrubbing off speed because he was sliding instead. On the 90 deg right both guys were taking it about the same.

did anyone else research the carb design for those motors to figure out what was the high speed needle adjustment? :ninja

high speed needle adjustment was the one closest to the motor, low speed was the one in front of that nearest the filter. had a little t handle on it. ask me how i know.

yeah I cranked it in a half turn too. reved out little more, but it still wasnt lean at all, I didnt mess with it any past that.

i wouldn’t ever turn it more than that. IMO it really didn’t make any difference at all, and if you move it you run the risk of a dreaded lean bog. leaner is not always faster.

Agreed. It didn’t do much.

If you lean it out a lot without touching the low speed, you risk bogging, or at worst, a spinout at the first hairpin –> cold tires, too much entry speed, locking tires, getting sideways, then trying to power out using throttle… Only to find the engine has bogged and now you’ve spun out and are stalled 'cause it didn’t “catch”.

only reason you could get up next to my rear tire in the straights :hug

Yeah it just wasnt enough to close the door, and I backed off like a pussy in T1 becaue I didnt trust u holding the outside line! :lol

you shouldnt lol i was watching your ass like a hawk so if you tried any funny buisness i could change my line and fuck you all up :thumbup :ahh :lol

+1, I was definitely tentative in T1 in traffic- need to grow some balls next time in that turn.

Singh is giving passing lessons i heard.

haaha that was kart 3 and it was hella fast, the understeer was more than any kart but if u entered the turn the right way u could def pin the grip and get out of it just right

hahah hell yeah, my passing is epic, but my racing consistency:excited problems killed me

your passing is flat out wreckless. i love it.

I’d like to proclaim myself as T1 King.

King of blocking you mean?
You had tons of speed coming in… And next to none coming out. :slight_smile:

Overtaking :wink:

In your case I was cock blocking for 10 laps taking the slowest line possible, which ironically resulted in you going even slower as you stayed behind me :tongue

But no, normally I go on the outside upon entry for a proper line, your case just allowed me to hold my position.