It's Official! Outdoor Karting at CVMP 8/21/2010

all i have is a mx with a floppy ass vizor and i have goggles…should this work? what other gear is needed, sorry i just jumped in here im not about to go read 4 pages

Anything DOT-legal should be fine, no? An MX-style helmet with goggles should suffice?

Even if it’s not snell?

SINGH and Archie… you have a PM.

:thumbup

yeah an MX helmet and googles has got to be fine. They saved my mellon when I wacked a tree last year on the bike!

Do we need to bring our own helmet or do they have stuff there that we can use?

Bring your own helmet… Even if it’s not full face, they may let you use it.

Worst case you will just have to use one of the rental ones there. If you have one, bring it though as we have a big group and the less we have to borrow the better.

But if you need one, they’ll have it.

I’ll update the main thread this evening what you need to bring and final details for Saturday- just on a trip right now so not checking in a whole lot here sorry.

Will also PM everyone on the attendee list with this stuff so you will hear from me.

Last update- Joe from the track tried to pull a fast one on me, telling me there is another group coming at 2 PM but I straightened it out with him saying we were promised the entire track for 50 laps for our whole group.

So basically he has promised to move that group until after 4 PM to honor the arrangement we have been discussing for a couple months now.

Since there will be 3 run groups I’m thinking we will go 11 AM to 4 PM at the least to get everyone in.

Am thinking to meet even earlier if we can to get to the track before 11 AM. We’ll need to make a quick stop for food / brunch on the way as I think we should skip a sit down lunch to maximize track time.

Kk just wondering as I don’t have any type of helmet to that I could bring

NOTE: Original Post has been updated with below content:

UPDATE (8/19)

Important Details!!

• NO open toe sandals or slippers, wear sneakers!
  • NO shorts, everyone must wear long pants for karting!
  • NO credit cards / debit cards accepted, bring CASH.
  • Cost is $85 per person. Exact change appreciated.
  • Be ON TIME please. 8 AM Xgates lot (see below). Let’s get there before 11 AM to maximize track time for all.
  • We will make ONE stop at McD’s or other fast food place to grab “brunch” close to the track before starting.
  • If you need other food between brunch and 4 PM, please pack a snack as there is no other food at the track.

Below attendees- Expect PM from me by Friday as reminders of this and with my contact info. Thanks all!

1. OsoiNA6
  2. Wayne64SS
  3. Vovchandr
  4. AlpineSkier
  5. Cazwrx
  6. kramerbuccs24
  7. big red
  8. KrazyKid
  9. CRD
  10. Hookedon240
  11. Gary
  12. MK430R
  13. Bennyfizzle
  14. SINGH
  15. QuickLT1
  16. slwrthnu
  17. McBitchin
  18. Chris_240
  19. dkid15
  20. BlueS14240SX

Date/Time: 8/21 (Sat), 8:00 AM
Place: Overflow Parking Lot, Crossgates Mall.

It’s the lot at the lower left corner of this photo. Same as used for the Karting event last year.

is anyone coming along to take pics?

who has a helmet cam? or video cam?

Ill bring my video cam, if someone is coming to watch they can run it if they would like.

yeah we deff need someone with a good camera to get some good action pics

chuck has a go pro. Kramer and chuck shall we carpool?

Count me out this weekend, guyths. Other bullSHIT has just come up.

IM IN!

i mite be able to go can i get a ride with someone ?

look at that, keepin the spots filled up :thumbup

Yeah let’s split gas money in the mr2

I’d like to take care of recording and editing if you don’t mind me using your camera.

vlad u have go pros right?

should be an awesome time guys