J&J vs. Firehawk853

[quote=“Firehawk853,post:85,topic:32197"”]

You? Secured it? hahahaha. How are the Nitrous installs gonig?

That is all.

I’m out.

[/quote]

I convinced him to get a blower and protected you when JnJ was ripping you a new asshole about the job. Once he screwed me on the money, I bailed before the blower went on…and off…and on… Lets not have selective memory.

Nitrous install? I dont get it?

[quote=“turbo ls1 ss,post:86,topic:32197"”]

angelo

MONDI.

[/quote]

Angelos car never ran right. On top of that, they broke his transmission while street racing it and never told him, made him pay for it, and then Jay stole $800 from him with the check from AFR that angelo was never given. That plus the parts he kept put the total over $1000 score for him on top of the job itself, not a bad day in the life of a thief

Mondis car didnt seem to give me any issues. Paul fixed the leaky headers he was given too, dont worry about it, we covered it.

[quote=“turbo ls1 ss,post:87,topic:32197"”]

mark i have a question. since you claim to do flawless and speedy work, howcome in the last three years ive known you, you could barely get your own car running properly for more than a week, and year after year miss your goals of running one single 10 second ET?

its just rediculous how you attack someone elses quality of work when this obvious fact lies right before our eyes

[/quote]

I never claimed flawless work - but if you must ask, I will claim excellent work and plenty of effort, and that goes for Paul and myself. We’ll do our best to make sure it gets done and gets done right. An overflowing shop is evidence of that, I dont need to sing my own praises, Im not desperate for acceptance.

Since you’ve known me, Ive gone through a number of parts failures, never hid from that. I broke a 10 bolt, I broke a transmission, I had an opti failure, and a lifter failure. I race hard and I never had the facilities that you were born into until now. I still came out and beat you last year. And that wasnt a fluke. Settle those concerns with me on the track, because you arent a customer, and our customers love our work.