JackdUp's 1992 Honda Civic CX

Definitely.

This is one reason why we picked this shell over others and waited for a quality swap to appear. It really was a great build team, a clean shell and a solid swap. Having guys around that live and breathe this stuff helps immensely. Honda swaps are pretty well researched and well known and this is generally considered the easiest swap ('97 GSR into a 92 EG hatch in our case) of the Honda line.

so you where on toms computer?

on his tune?

that swap is the shiznit

Yeah, Tom’s GSR tune and not beating on it real hard, it drove OK.

What do you think of this kit for a JDM P72 (I might have a line on getting one of these ECUs).

http://www.moates.net/product_info.php?cPath=25_37&products_id=42

SST 27SF512 Chip*
28-Pin Collet Socket
28-Pin Low-Profile ZIF Socket
74HC373 Logic Chip
Jumper Header for J1
1k Resistor
0.1 uF Capacitors
4-Pin Datalogging header

Moates :bigthumb:

If you need one here i have one, they ship fast though…

Ehh no tom ecu!!! he has 370 cc injectors that would make you dangerously lean!!!

It was a short trip and it didn’t throws codes or anything, so :wtf: to the people that said it would be OK to use Tom’s ECU last night if it did hurt the motor!

i might have found you a cheap ass p28 i just got to talk to the kid and ill let you know

very groovy, keep me posted!

Is prob ok, but dont do it again, the Pulse width on his motor is shorter,but he needs more fuel, so it might have been close…that ecu will not throw to many codes ass long as you got map,tps,tdc,ait your good…

I can wait for an ECU at this point, definitely not pushing my luck by doing it again. If you’re available and fico or someone comes through with an ECU (P28, P72, or otherwise). we can chip & burn and get some street tuning in.

you dont even need a street tune, stock p72 map is what you need!

Nice progress.

BTW, according to Tom he is running the stock GSR injectors, if that is the case, the tune you ran the car on would have just been running rich which would have most likely just slowed it down a bit.

Joe you thinking of the 370’s that were in the TWM’s?

no tom is on stock injectors

thats probably whats hes thinking. ZexAccord has those injectors now.

O, i thought when i tuned his ride it was on the 370’s guess not?

did you ever ride in vinnys 370hp car?

I have not…

You really have no idea of the fwd terror…

like to “jump on the gas” on the highway…lol

2 hands on the wheel and try to keep it straight…

slowcivic made his car so fast that he had to part it out… he was scared of it…

yeah its a no go on that p28 dude that had it sold it :frowning: sorry ill keep my ear to the ground though

I do believe I have sourced a JDM P72 for at least temporary use. Thanks for looking, I’ll have to keep looking or risk chipping the JDM 2-board’r

i have a few p28s make me an offer