Jaguar C-XF concept (precursor to S-Type replacement)

I hope the actual car looks somewhat like it.

Jaguar seems to not be going down without a fight:

A car that aggressive looking needs to be a coupe. However, I hate the current XK series, so fucking ugly.

Not at all. This is a throwback to the groundbreaking designs Jaguar was once known for.

Well, this isn’t really groundbreaking, but certainly fresh.

And I like the new XK. It’s certainly a prettier car than those German things.

cough Ford Taurus cough

Jag’s designs have never impressed me, other than the D-Type.

Hm. Well. Fine. The D-type was great, but to discount the E-type and Mark VII is ignorant. I can find it in my heart to forgive–car fans these days seem to discount Jaguar based on what the company had become in the late 80s and 90s.

And certainly the XK engine isn’t something to be forgotten.

I understand why people consider the E Type to be one of the best car designs in history. But personally, I think the MKIII BJ8’s are a much prettier design.

None of the current jags ride on the taurus chassie.

the type-s is a murcury maraduer/lincon LS chassie.

the x-type is based off the mondeo chassie from europe. An AWD car.

I was more refering to styling. I’ve driven one, they actually hold the road fairly nicely, despite feeling like a heavy Jag when they are targeting the 911 market.

They are? Maybe the XKR, but certainly not the regular XK. I’m not certain people would cross shop the XK with a 911.

It’s disappointing that the XK is so heavy for being aluminum. Disappointing because that’s where the XJ shines in comparison to the other boats in the segment. They really messed up without giving it a breakthrough design and setting the stage for Jags to come (because the chassis is very fresh and had a very good and new idea to show off). I really think more people would consider it.

thats not a jag. jags are supposed to look like a bland full sized ford sedan.

I heart the xkr…mmm If I could afford one I would take it, sooooo secksy

jag seems to be doing right, tough market though