Don't die, Jaguar

:frowning:

If you die, dearest Jaguar, please take the Corvette with you so I don’t have to endure any more ugly interpretations of you.

Vette > Jag

ford sucks

so aston marton sucks? or volvo? just cuz they own it dont mean they design every fucking thing on the car…i hate ignorant people. i love my jaguar and hope someday i can own a new XJ…i just wish they never got rid of manual transmisons…

Ya, like i said FORD SUCKS. :jawdrop:

hmm maybe i took it the wrong way? i dont know…still kinda drunk gettin my daily dose of NYSPEED before i got to sleep

i think its pretty hot…wouldnt buy an auto…but it looks damn good…but the 6series ugly??? go to hell

also…the actual film itself was done very nicely :tup:

Wow, I really like that car.

The Corvette was a hideous rendition of the very beautiful XK120.

My honda civic, beat a 6 series on the way back from a como cruise.

It was super funny/awesome.

But yeah, its definitely nicer than any jag. Besides the XJ220.

:mamoru:

XJ220 had freaky handling apparently.

OK i’ll make up for dogging on the Corvette:

Look, people that know how to drive!

wow, that guy CAN drive

Don’t get me wrong, I love Top Gear, but they always kiss British cars asses. The 2 Krauts clearly handed the Jag its own ass, but oh wait it “sounds good.”

:word:

im sure your car can beat alot of highly priced luxury sport cars?! would u like a cookie? my .6 litre yamaha would also smoke alot of $100K plus cars as well. i dont think people buy their bmw’s just for speed.
I think jag is making a bad desicison on not appeling to the younger demographics by not offering a 6 speed manual tranny any more…i belive my x-type was one of the last manuals offerd in jags.

This abomination?

http://www.bobsclassics.com/sold/53ju12.jpg

Thats the worst thing I have ever saw. I dont want to see Jag shut down, and atleast Jaguars have gotten alittle better in the past 2-3 years maybe, but vs a corvette? come on its not even close

Classy, tasteful and sexy sportscar of the era:
http://www.bobsclassics.com/sold/53ju12.jpg

much later bloated underpowered, American knock-off:
http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2002/08/28/146457.1-lg.jpg

would you like fries with that fiberglass piece of trash?

Well why don’t we get in your time machine and ask Harley Earl what inspired him…

oh wait, we don’t have to. I’ve been reading since I was 5.

I’ll tell you why GM created the Corvette.

They created the Corvette for the same reason Toyota created Lexus. To compete with the Europeans. They wanted their own piece of the sports car world, which was largely dominated by British cars such as MG and Jaguar.

The first Corvettes were okay. There wasn’t a ton of synergy. It was kind of like they just threw a car together in a derivative shape and sold them. And you see the American buyer didn’t care. They could deal with the lumpy 235 and the horrendous brakes. It wasn’t really a sports car, but a car that looked sporty. The Corvette didn’t start to become a sports car until the Stingray, IMO. And it didn’t actually have good brakes until the C5. A sports car without good brakes is something very, very American. Look at how long the Viper went without ABS. Ugh. Another Emerican icon.

Actually, the Viper is kind of like the first Corvette. Truck engine made less trucky, bad brakes, great styling derived from a few certain cars…bam. At least the Viper was fast.

I knew this would offend some people. :hug: It’ll be okay. You can now threaten to destroy me.

no mater what anyone says…european engineering will always be lightyears ahead of any american and asian engineering… they may be close but cannot match

voted most ignorant statement said in a long time on here

if this is true, how come the NSX is such an amazing car compared to the rest of the supercars out there (for its time period)?

Miata and S2000 > Z3 and Audi TT any day in performance.

american engineering blows? How about the new Z06 compared to equally priced European cars?

hmmm?