Japan hit by massive 8.8 magnitude earthquake

they state no “unnecessary travel at this time” but i can there for 89 days visa free.

this … they wouldnt help us if we needed it , that and my god isnt this country strung thin enough without havin to worry about shit that far away .

+1

There is a mini 1kW reactor downtown

where is it man?

Not sure of the name of the place, but pretty sure it’s near the steel works building at the end of Erie blvd.

Holy shit, rep if I can. :rofl

Really interested to see what happens with all this. Japan got super fucked.

I’m sure it you posted the chemical make up of cocaine or meth im sure he would be all over this thread.

Latest Reactor Status from kyodonews:

Fukushima No. 1 plant

– Reactor No. 1 - Suspended after quake, cooling failure, partial melting of core, vapor vented, building damaged Saturday by hydrogen explosion, seawater being pumped in.

– Reactor No. 2 - Suspended after quake, cooling failure, seawater being pumped in, fuel rods fully exposed temporarily, vapor vented, building housing reactor damaged Monday by blast at reactor No. 3, damage to containment vessel on Tuesday, potential meltdown feared.

– Reactor No. 3 - Suspended after quake, cooling failure, partial melting of core feared, vapor vented, seawater being pumped in, building housing reactor damaged Monday by hydrogen explosion, high-level radiation measured nearby on Tuesday, plume of smoke observed Wednesday, damage to containment vessel likely.

– Reactor No. 4 - Under maintenance when quake struck, fire Tuesday possibly caused by hydrogen explosion at pool holding spent fuel rods, abnormal temperature rise in spent-fuel storage pool but water level not observed, fire observed Wednesday at building housing reactor, no water poured in to cool pool, spraying of boric acid being considered.

– Reactors No. 5, No. 6 - Under maintenance when quake struck, temperatures slightly rising in spent-fuel storage pools.

So, I’m no chemist here, but:

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2011/3/16/ccec7bd4-6474-4a9d-b1f1-2a48df5d3079.jpg

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

So, sounds like its not getting any better yet

What will spraying the acid on it do? In small mans terms, keep it simple you fucking nerds.

I think Boric acid is flame retardant. Hence, helping with the potential fire spreading issues. But Biology was a long fucking time ago.

THe boric acid/boron is supposed to suppresses/neutralize the radiation/nuclear shit the rods let off

Like a fire extinguisher basicly. Burry the place in it and hopefully none of it will get out

:rofl Ok, thanks.

i fucked up i dunno what the fuck.

The boron does the same thing no? I know they were talking about spraying that down on it as well, and saying some of the walls are even lined with it.

boron is not a moderator it absorbs neutrons.

Shady hang on here I’m fucking up.

A moderator actually slows down the neutrons to make chain reactions possible. Water is used for this in LWRs.

Boron is not a moderator, as it absorbs neutrons and will kill the reaction.

Boric Acid is used to control the reactivity of the reactor during normal use and I believe it will change the chemical compound of the fuel but I’m not 100%. Adam do you have more insight on why they would be dropping boric acid on it?