Japan hit by massive 8.8 magnitude earthquake

It sounds like these reactors are at the point of no return, they are fucked and they need to be contained before the damage gets any worse.

My question is, if they already are saying these reactors are a complete loss why are they not dumping boron and trying to isolate the reactors?

BORON isn’t going to do SHIT except prevent a reaction from going critical. In order to even get the boron where it needs to go, you’d have to open the containment vessels thus releaseing radiation… i suppose you could technically stuff boron in the spent fuel pool… but fucking how? how are you going to fill that pool up with boron? the heat is still the main problem, boron won’t fix that. Boron will only prevent the reaction from going critical (self sustaining). The immediate concern is the heat, they need to deal with the heat in order to keep everything contained.

Boric acid, also called boracic acid or orthoboric acid or acidum boricum, is a weak acid of Boron often used as an antiseptic, insecticide, flame retardant, in nuclear power plants to control the fission rate of uranium, and as a precursor of other chemical compounds.

Wayne, what the fuck dude? Where is this coming from?

*Japan

The Japanese Foreign Ministry said that it would provide $200,000 to the American Red Cross to assist victims of Hurricane Katrina. Japan also identified needs in affected regions via the U.S. government and provided up to $1,000,000 in emergency supplies such as tents, blankets and power generators if they receive requests from the U.S. for such assistance. Private and corporate donations totaled over $13,000,000.[33] One Japanese individual, Takashi Endo, donated USD $1,000,000 from his personal funds to Katrina relief efforts.[15]

Ignorance is bliss :facepalm

From now on, every nuclear plant needs to be built on a trap door over a an old quarry and when shit hits the fan, you open up the trap door and back fill the quarry.

Problem? :ponder

:rofl

where is what coming from man?

Fukushima: Mark 1 Nuclear Reactor Design Caused GE Scientist To Quit In Protest

Interesting.

:ninja

http://shift518.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3579&stc=1&d=1300290568

:rofl:rofl

Your all the sudden Mr.Smartypants :rofl. Impressive. I guess i shouldnt judge a hillbilly by his dually ;).

FUCK YEA!!!

Dunno why bro, this shit fascinates me. I have Anatoly Dyatlov’s (Dude USSR claimed responsible for Chernobyl and the lead engineer at the plant that day) book saved on my laptop all translated to english. LOL I’m fucked bro.

Oh YES!!!

Yes the boric acid is simply used to slow the neutrons down to control the reaction. Benefit of the acid is it can flow into the areas needed. Boron makes up a good potion of the control rods in solid form along with other alloys and elements.

I’m HATING the fucking media right now. Some dumb bitch news anchor on one channel actually had the nerve to say this morning, “IF YOU HAVE NOT HEARD, JAPAN HAD A MASSIVE EARTHQUAKE…”

Who the fuck in this country hasn’t heard about it. If you haven’t heard about this issue by now you’re either dead, at the bottom of the mariana trench, or live with some deep jungle amazon tribe. Fucking cunt.

The Japanese are facing one of the worst disasters in their history and our media is scarfing it up as their next meal ticket. My only wish would have been that these fucking reporters were on Japans Pacific shores when the tsunami hit. take em all our to sea for all I care. :Idiots

and thats why I don’t watch the news any more than I watch my turd swirl around as it does down the drain.

I read that as “Marinara” and thought how glorious that would be.

I agree man, media is fucking useless. The tidbits of information we are seeing are rumors at best. I want some real god damn info with pictures god damnit.

Found this article: SCARY as a motherfucker too.

http://cnic.jp/english/newsletter/nit92/nit92articles/nit92coverup.html

http://nei.cachefly.net/newsandevents/information-on-the-japanese-earthquake-and-reactors-in-that-region/

Magnitude 4.3 - ONTARIO-QUEBEC BORDER REGION, CANADA

2011 March 16 17:36:55 UTC

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsww/Quakes/us2011incp.html

:ohnoes
Hide ya kidz
Hide ya wife
Earth be rapin’ errbody up in hurr