JasV's STi at TMP 11.44 at 125.5

He went to the track tonight and on his first time driving the car on the new setup he did great. 11.44 at 125.5 on ~24 psi with pump and 50/50 water/meth. It was definitely traction limited and with some more seat time I know he’ll get more out of it.

This is the exact tune he drives it on daily. I only altered the launch limiter while I was there for him.

His pass:

OR Youtube version:

2nd view of 11.4 pass on youtube:

You can hear it bog on the line and then pick up and spin. We played with the 2 step setting on his passes and that’s where we got it to by the end of the night. The 4-5 shift also needs practice, but all in all this was pretty darn good pass. I know it’s not easy to drive…as shown in the next video which was me launching it. I slipped the clutch for a few feet trying to get out smooth without smoking the tires, but it just didn’t work out.

You can hear me totally get out of it and go back in twice just in 1st gear. It was a terrible pass, but it makes for a nice video:

OR Youtube version:

Great work Jason!!!

Picking up 30 mph on the back half. AWD top end FTW LOL.

that is bad ass! must be a fun ride down the strip.

:tup:

Thanks Mike for coming to help out with my launch rpms and shift limiter settings for me, it helped alot.

Very happy with how the car runs, traction problems FTW:burnout:

LOL, Yes!!!

No need to thank me for trying to get your tires down to the “good” rubber LOL. I think that video is a great example for when people say AWD is easy to launch. The car has good suspension, great tires as far as street tires are concerned, and I was pedaling it like a turbo Honda, with all 4 lighting up.

Now that I see the video for my other attempt, I definitely bogged huge and then spun. I wish we got a trap speed on that run without me being locked out of 3rd gear twice for comparison with your shifting style. Some other time…

Here’s some of the anatomy of the pass. I left out the tuning related info so you can just see air temp, throttle position, vehicle speed, RPM and boost:

very very nice runs!!! :tup:

Isn’t there a no lift to shift feature so you’re not losing boost between shifts? Anyway good runs. Always good to see more fast cars around.

Yup I tested it on the burnout pass, but it fouled the plugs since he’s spraying water/meth and it keeps spraying during the shift since he stays at full boost. I stopped the vid where I put it in 5th and the car wouldn’t go because the plugs were fouled, but you can hear that it worked awesome on the 2-3 shift and decent on the 3-4. You never hear the WG shut.

We didn’t try it again. On race gas without water/meth we’ll test it again. I could rig it up to cut water/meth during the shift, but that would present some other tuning issues so we won’t be trying that.

He does pretty well without it though. You can see in the log he’s only dropping to 13-14 psi during shifts.

Nice Mike! I guess that car would have been a good race for me on pump gas.

:tup: Jason & Mike.

We knew we’d fouled the plugs the first time out by testing flat shifting. He went to the track last night and texted me.

11.5 at 127 mph. no traction. sits on limiter smoking tires through 1st gear.

Time for slicks and axles. I remember getting to that point. It’s frustrating knowing you have a ten second car and it just won’t go anywhere in the first few gears.

Nice. I bet a set of BFG DR’s would be just fine for him, at that mph. Full blown slicks will be lighter though, its a toss up at this point eh?

Nice car though :tup:

I love this car. Good job guys!

This isnt jay dasilva(spell check) is it? He has an Sti, avatar has a pic of racer/bike ? I know his Wrx was blue but is this him or just a coinsidence?

No it’s not Jason Disalvo. This is a grey 06 STi from just over the border.

No it’s not Jason Disalvo. This is a grey 06 STi from just over the border.

heres the vid, this thing feels like it wants to take off in 5th gear

32mph on the top end:naughty:

I have a set of A6 hoosiers for autox that I might try next