jay leno's garage reviews the new camaro..

when you buying one?

Congrats to Chevy for making a mustang/challenger half breed. No wonder the big three are going broke. Besides if you spend that kind of money on a half-assed build why not just get an oringinal driver?

DBS > Camaro

What’s half-assed about it? 300+ HP out of the V6, 426 HP out of the V8, IRS, now that I’ve seen the interior in person everything but the gauges are way, way nicer than anything GMs done other than the newest CTS, G8 and maybe the GTO. Brembos, 20"s etc.

And why would GM want an “original” driver. First off, GM has had a long-standing relationship w/ Jay so they know he’s going to give it a “good” review. And Jay is probably one of America’s best-known “car guys” so GM figures they’ll get the most “street cred” from Jay raving about it. Sure, I’d rather know what John Heinricy or Boris Said or LG have to say about it… but how many “average” Americans would know who the F any of those guys are or give a shit what they say.

Wow, really!?! A hand-built super exotic that bases at $269,000 is better than the new Camaro!?!?! GM really screwed the pooch on that one, how could the new Camaro not be better at about 10% of the cost of a nicely optioned DBS.

-TJ

haha :owned:

That was a pretty casual review.

:rofl: its not like I was saying it was built to compete with it or anything, I just liked the review of the DBS better.

camaro is very nicely priced. I might try to get my girl to buy one instead of a G8GXP

yea yea yea. you try to get your girl to buy a different car every week. tire kicker!

LoL!!^

if theres tire kicking shes the one doing it lol
she want the G8 or a 08 TL-S

G8’s have nav in them?

yes

Might not want to wait too long on buying a G8.

Let me get this straight…your girl has the money ( or the will to finance) a new G8 GXP, or TL, or Camaro…and you are tinkering endlessly with the Neon and fabbing up bargain basement suspension pieces to save a few bucks? Send her my way, I’ll have her buy me a car. :wtcslap:

ya she could afford it. once she finishes school and gets a job she said she’ll get me my TA to tinker with. :slight_smile:
If she got anything she’d probably get a G8 GT.
the neon is just fun. and what about a bargain basement suspension? lol their not ebay coilovers

I was just trying to find a way to combine your love of useless cars, and will to fab up the equivalent of a circle-track endlink in classis Pittspeed fashion. You know, the usual.

:burnout:

its an oversized go kart… what can be more fun on a curvy back road?

reminds me of my ex girlfriend

every other 2 & 4 wheeled vehicle on earth is better than a neon

x2